Re: SURVEY!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Yes.

There seems to be a certain desire amongst aficionados to see the return of certain models. Some want the return of the SC-1 or the HG-2, others the Cavalier, others again the G-200 etc. But as we found out while designing the GbL LE-2 where at some point the proposal surfaces to combine the large MFD pickup with an HG-2 pup (or something along these lines), it would take some serious effort to be able to (re)produce these pups again. But man! It is such a big part of the pre-BBE era lore! And it WOULD be so cool to see some of that make a return.

- Jos

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 pm

A bit off-axis, but:
A mahogany Asat Special with those pups in, and ideally no pickguard (but still the T-style control plate)?
Would be very useful, I would put money up for a G&L of that layout, for sure.
And a semi-hollow might be very nice indeed...

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Tim,

What? The California heat has gotten to you again and you need to take a pause and think about this. You can't bring these things "back". A Cavalier made by BBE would just be a name from the past with no real similarities other than that and a familiar headstock.
I have to agree the original is a beautiful instrument.

This is no way a rip on G&L today. They make great guitars. They just make them totally different than George and Leo.

I would like to see what they would come up with for you. It would surely be a killer guitar but it would not be anything like the one in your picture.

I vote yes, what the hell.

y2kc

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:38 pm

I say bring it back disguised in an ASAT body with the angled pup set up. Similar to Jos' CavSat LR July 30. A new interpretation instead of replica might turn some heads. Make mine a semi hollow with Detroit Muscle Daytona Yellow and matching headstock :elguitar054:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm in as long as it don't have them tiny frets :)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Absolutely , bring back that body style. I would settle for a limited run. Official vote is "Yes"

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 pm

I'll take a Lefty HG-1 please. Thank you...

Cheers,

Will

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:10 pm

I would love to see a reissue Cavalier!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I would like to see the Broadcaster re-issued if they can make it sound the same , coming on 30 years now for the guitar that put G&L on the map .... or am I the only one that thinks this way ?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:00 pm

I'd vote YES to a Cavalier re-issue. I think it was unfortunate that Chevy had a lame people mover by the same name on the market at the same time. Not an identity you want to adopt. With this guitar, the pickups are the thing. As for the body, I think the angles lend themselves to an offset body. G&L Jaguar anyone?

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Yes!

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Uh, yes (though if the reissue had a different pg/control plate thing going on, I wouldn't complain ;+) - ed

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Sure I say YES bring it back but I don't think we will be seeing those slanted pickups anytime soon.
Its hard to believe that making something as simple as a slanted pickup is so expensive, but apparently it is.

I would like to see an SB-2 made with two single coils again. I don't care if they call it a LYNX bass. that would be cool.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:28 pm

I really like the body shape of the Cavalier; aren't these the same as the old Music Man Sabres?

But I know I'd want mine with three pickups, PTB and a DFV! Active preamp? Maybe. Hey adding a third pickup to one of my Sabre IIs is hands down the best mod I have ever done to a guitar.

So, a qualified yes.

Bill

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 am

Bill-

Somewhere out there is a red, three-pickup Cavalier with an ebony fretboard.

I bought one of the very first Cavaliers, bought a Cav pup from G&L and added it in the center position. Wired it to a five-way switch.

Then foolishly sold it way back in the late-'80s.

Dibs, if anyone finds it. I've been looking for it for 20 years now.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:45 pm

That would be cool!

Bill