Re: Yeah Baby! New Issue!!!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:24 pm

I will for sure , that's my favorite mag anyway , meant to subscribe to it a month or so ago

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tim. I really like that mag as well but it is near impossible to find on a newsstand around here. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Already subscribe but thanks for the heads up!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 am

Vintage Guitar is allowing a free preview of the October issue (with the S-500 article) at http://www.vintageguitar.com/freeDigital/

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 am

GGJaguar wrote:Vintage Guitar is allowing a free preview of the October issue (with the S-500 article) at http://www.vintageguitar.com/freeDigital/

Thanks for the heads up. Great article, looks and reads great on my iPad. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't wait for the book! :searching:

:ugeek:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info about the S-500.

I've been studying Mixing and Mastering with George Bellas for a couple months now. The MDF is said to have - "their frequency response is stronger at nearly every frequency and much narrow at the peak". This statement makes more sense to me now.

"S-500 had 7.5 inch radius with 1.625 inch nut width" - 1.625 nut width guitars are spawned from Mordor. Stick to 11/16 or 3/4.

"500 to indicate the five-way selector switch" - ok

"U.S. patent in 1980". Patents are inherently evil. No one can make improvements except G&L which will never happen.

"'87 ebony phased out as a fingerboard" - I personally like ebony.

"MDF...provided some shielding from electromagnetic interference " - compared to what? This thing hums like mad. I hope no one thinks the S-500 is some how quieter after reading this article.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 am

Thanks for the link, really enjoyed the article :thumbup:

-Dave

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:12 am

Good read, thanks for the link!

Meowmix, I agree, Ebony is great. For me it's Ebony>Maple>Rosewood.