Trying to locate info on this bridge type

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 pm

http://imgur.com/QBjxv08.jpg

Hey guys I saw this on an S-500 in an eBay auction. At first I thought it was after market but it looks like it has "by leo fender " stamped into it. I really liked that they had a spot for the trem arm on the top and if I hadn't just gotten a new Bluesboy I would have picked this up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Trying to locate info on this bridge type

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm

logical_proof wrote:http://imgur.com/QBjxv08.jpg

Hey guys I saw this on an S-500 in an eBay auction. At first I thought it was after market but it looks like it has "by leo fender " stamped into it. I really liked that they had a spot for the trem arm on the top and if I hadn't just gotten a new Bluesboy I would have picked this up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the picture inline:

That's a Leo Fender Fine Tuner Vibrato bridge (2nd style). See this post: Fine-Tune Bridge.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Thank you very much Craig,
Kinda wish I could have bought it just to check that bridge out. Guess it's time to refuel the GAS fund again.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm new to this forum and the main reason I joined was to find out more about this particular bridge. I have one on a 1987 Rampage. I have always loved the bridge on this guitar. I wish I could help you find out more but as I stated, I am in search of info on it as well.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:56 pm

It's a Leo Fender creation. Basically a standard DFV design with fine tuners added. I'm not sure whether Leo's intent was to provide an alternative to the Kahlers used on many mid-1980s G&Ls, replace the Kahlers altogether in G&L production, or some other goal. Any which way, there aren't a whole lot of them around.

Ken

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:03 pm

kkishnay wrote:I'm new to this forum and the main reason I joined was to find out more about this particular bridge. I have one on a 1987 Rampage. I have always loved the bridge on this guitar. I wish I could help you find out more but as I stated, I am in search of info on it as well.

Hopefully, the link in my previous post will provide you with some information on Leo's Fine Tuner bridge.

:ugeek: