I'm surprised this early SC-2 sold so cheap!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:59 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

What do you guys think? - ed

Re: I'm surprised this early SC-2 sold so cheap!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I think a lot of guitar buyers in the general public do not like the black wrinkle finish hardware.
Plus no "Guitar Heroes" play an SC-2.
Buy them and hoard them away.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:43 pm

I never saw that one, but it was an absolutely killer deal for the lucky bidder. Had I have seen it, I probably wouldn't have resisted, despite the fact that I just dug deep for another.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:23 pm

One factor may be that it is not the mustang body style. That is definitely more desirable to the collectors out there. Other than that though, it definitely did turn out to be a killer deal on what is probably a nice guitar.

Lates,

Connor

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Well, I'm a HUGE SC-2 fan; have owned several. I still have 3: a red and a black in the Mustang style body and a refinished blue in the strat-like body. They are definitely killer guitars and worth twice what I gave for them. I got all of them in the last 3 years in the $550 - $750 range. So, someone got a really good deal on this one, for sure. I certainly don't need another, but I would have paid more than the winner paid if I had seen it.

In the current market, any SC-2 that is in decent shape and plays well is worth in the $750 - $1000 range for sure.

Jay

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

Ed,

Possibly it was the condition of the guitar. It looked a bit rough. It sold at a very fair price. Better photo's may have helped but also may have hurt.
It looks like a great player and someone is getting a nice guitar for a very nice price.
I kinda like the non-mustang shaped sc-2's. Harder to find and very cool looking.

my 2cents,

y2kc