Re: Some of the Talents of George Fullerton

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:35 am

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing................................

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:40 am

Tim , that must have been spectacular hanging out with George at his home ??!!..... those people in his Stained glass class probably had no idea the amount of "Royalty that was in the room" ... incredible story , thanks for sharing

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:57 am

Tim,

Great pictures as usual. I remember when you handed me your cell phone once with George at the other end. You really made my day. We talked just a little about guitars and mostly about his other passions. He was a warm soul that had as much to do with modern music as anyone on the planet. You are very fortunate to have spent so much time with this creative man.

This is one day that the weather here is as nice as in California,

y2kc

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 am

Tim GuitarsOnTheWeb wrote:(PS: The paintings on the wall are also some of his works - one he received an award for).

As I was reading I kept glancing at the one in the upper left. Whether or not it is one of his that you are referring to it is interesting that he also painted. It just seems like he was like a bubble that displaced his environment, like air creates a space in water, seeing more than regular people and being able to make something that reflects it. I have known people like that and he reminds me of this at least.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 am

Tim- One of my big regrets is not coming out to California for the G&L open house back in 2006. I think I may have had to opportunity to meet George Fullerton as well as yourself and others at G&L back then. I was stuck in the middle of paying college tuition for three at that time.

Ii treasure the copy of Georges Book , one of the first issued - George and Leo that is signed by him, Tim Page and Will Ray!

I have you to thank for that, Tim.

And thanks for these postings. I am amazed at the creations and influence George had over Leo's designs and the final designs at Fender and G&L. Many new players have no idea who George Fullerton was and the profound influence he had on the instruments that they play today.

-bassman Bill

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Great thread, Tim, thanks.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 am

Tim GuitarsOnTheWeb wrote:I agree Bill - not many realize the many many contributions George made to the music industry. It's why I believe he should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame like they did for Leo Fender. Certainly there were many contributors to Fender over the years, but it's unmistakable the things George did and the long term effect it had.
Tim

Agreed. Thank you for posting these memories...

Cheers,

Will