Sat in its case for 5 years, 1989-1991 Comanche VI.

Sun May 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Just been home to visit my parents and thought i'd finally bring out one of my old guitars to see the light of day for once. From looking around i'm pretty sure its a 1989 Comanche IV I'll throw up some pictures in case i'm wrong.

It's a shame that i don't have time to play it anymore, does anyone know how much they are worth it could probably do with a more deserving owner. Enjoy the pictures I fall in love with this thing every time i lay my eyes on it. I was surprised that it was almost in tune after all this time as well.

Last edited by Maplesoup on Sun May 25, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Sat in its case for 5 years, 1989 Comanche IV.

Sun May 25, 2014 3:31 pm

:luv:
love those Ash G&Ls , that's a good looking rarebird.

welcome maplesoup !!

Sun May 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Beautiful specimen! I PM'ed you with some price info from the Blue Book of Guitar Values.

- Jos

Sun May 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks yowhatsshakin, nothing has come through yet, i'll check again in the morning. Hopefully i can get this over into the hands of someone who will use it as much as it should be!

Sun May 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Maplesoup wrote:Thanks yowhatsshakin, nothing has come through yet, i'll check again in the morning. Hopefully i can get this over into the hands of someone who will use it as much as it should be!

Yeah, I still had to compose it when I sent you the message above. But you should have it now. BTW, your guitar is a Comache VI (with Interceptor body) which is a Rarebird and it looks the S/N (G025287 if I read it correctly) is not registered yet.

- Jos

Sun May 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Maplesoup wrote:Thanks yowhatsshakin, nothing has come through yet, i'll check again in the morning. Hopefully i can get this over into the hands of someone who will use it as much as it should be!

Once you get ready to post your Ad, please post it in our Marketplace here.
BTW, it was likely built in 1990 or 1991, as it is not a Comanche VI Signature model, see Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).
You would need to get the build dates (on the neck pocket and neck heel) , see Serial number significance.
Also please do add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Sun May 25, 2014 5:59 pm

what a beauty !! .... did you get this brand new ??..... I would hang on to it myself :D ..... but if you can't play , there are people that would treasure a guitar like that , myself included

Sun May 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks for the all the replies guys, I haven't owned it since new it had one other owner before me who had it sat in his loft for a few years before i bought it when i was about 15 ish (i paid for it using the money i made on my paper round....yes it look a long time!) but i haven't had time to play in years. I do also have the original tremolo bar and Allen keys, but don't have the paper would that would of come with it which is a bummer.

Good news is that there is no damage to the guitar at all as its barely been used the varnish has just cracked in places due to age but i think it gives it a nice bit of character.

I'll attempt to change the title with the correct information and noticed i put IV instead of VI (oopsies)

Re: Sat in its case for 5 years, 1989-1991 Comanche VI.

Wed May 28, 2014 3:30 pm

WOW, Nice axe . I have been chasing one of those for years. Only difference is I'm after a Maple Board and its almost impossibly rare.

Thu May 29, 2014 12:16 am

LeoF The Champion wrote:WOW, Nice axe . I have been chasing one of those for years. Only difference is I'm after a Maple Board and its almost impossibly rare.

Cheers mate, it's up on the market place now for anyone who is interested

Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Beautiful! My favorite G&L. Wish there weren't an ocean between us!

Sat May 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Yea it would cost upwards of $150 just to ship it i think. Don't think that includes insurance etc tho. Hate it being so expensive to ship things over to america.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 am

With a belly cut and a forearm cut, I'd be all over it.