Re: About the 1984 Interceptor 3 SC PUs Guitar

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:40 pm

viabcroce wrote:Hello all again :)

After almost three years during which the Interceptor has been played no more than 3-4 times, now I need an acoustic guitar.
So I'm about to sell the Interceptor.
It's a pity, because it's quite a rare object here in Italy and I like guitars... but I cannot afford to own too many of them. And discovered I end up using my short-scale, PRS-like HB guitar most of the time (feeling much more at ease with its shorter scale). Another beauty BTW... this is a link to the luthier's page.

Any hint as where the best place to... place my ad would be? I'd gladly skip e-bay and all the usual "charging" places ;) Or, should anyone be interested, I would sell it privately.

Thanks for your support and your time, guys: you've been invaluable when I was trying to collect infos about the instrument, and your genuine passion for G&L shines through.

Ciao Gianfranco,

This site has a Marketplace where you could place your ad. And FYI, judging from your Dropbox pics, I for one would certainly be interested.

Ci vediamo,

- Jos

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
viabcroce wrote:Hello all again :)

After almost three years during which the Interceptor has been played no more than 3-4 times, now I need an acoustic guitar.
So I'm about to sell the Interceptor.
It's a pity, because it's quite a rare object here in Italy and I like guitars... but I cannot afford to own too many of them. And discovered I end up using my short-scale, PRS-like HB guitar most of the time (feeling much more at ease with its shorter scale). Another beauty BTW... this is a link to the luthier's page.

Any hint as where the best place to... place my ad would be? I'd gladly skip e-bay and all the usual "charging" places ;) Or, should anyone be interested, I would sell it privately.

Thanks for your support and your time, guys: you've been invaluable when I was trying to collect infos about the instrument, and your genuine passion for G&L shines through.

Ciao Gianfranco,

This site has a Marketplace where you could place your ad. And FYI, judging from your Dropbox pics, I for one would certainly be interested.

Ci vediamo,

- Jos

Thanks Jos,

appreciate your help :)

Please feel free to pm me if you wish.
I think I'll be waiting some days in order to save myself the hassle, then I'll post my ad at the URL you've supplied if nothing interesting comes out.

Evaluating the right price for such items may be hard, so I guess I'd accept some private offers.

Grazie :)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:10 pm

BTW, the wiring and pots capacities have been restored (someone, as mentioned in a previous post of mine, had re-wired the PU selector and changed some pot value).

The instrument has also been refretted, professionally cleaned, and pleked.
As I was pointing out, the new frets have just a few hours of use.

The guitar comes with its original hard case and the original vibrato bar.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:44 am

viabcroce wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:Ciao Gianfranco,

Ci vediamo,

- Jos

Thanks Jos,

appreciate your help :)

Please feel free to pm me if you wish.
I think I'll be waiting some days in order to save myself the hassle, then I'll post my ad at the URL you've supplied if nothing interesting comes out.

Evaluating the right price for such items may be hard, so I guess I'd accept some private offers.

Grazie :)

I just visited the marketplace. The UI is a bit messy on my system so I'm likely to be missing something, but it reads I am not allowed to post there. Do I need to create a specific account for the purpose?
The system recognizes me: my username does appear on top of the marketplace's page.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:26 am

viabcroce wrote:
I just visited the marketplace. The UI is a bit messy on my system so I'm likely to be missing something, but it reads I am not allowed to post there. Do I need to create a specific account for the purpose?
The system recognizes me: my username does appear on top of the marketplace's page.

See the forum rules: New GbL Marketplace Guidelines.

:ugeek:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 am

Craig wrote:

Thanks Boss! ;)

It seems that I only need to register the instrument.

As regards the

"Member must have been a registered member for at least 30 days before being able to submit Ads"

line, does it refer to being registered here, or rather on the Marketplace (that I understand, from a previous post on this thread, needing a membership on its own?

I appreciate your help :)

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 am

viabcroce wrote:
Craig wrote:

Thanks Boss! ;)

As regards the

"Member must have been a registered member for at least 30 days before being able to submit Ads"

line, does it refer to being registered here, or rather on the Marketplace (that I understand, from a previous post on this thread, needing a membership on its own?

It means 30 days from the date you joined the Forums. In your case, you joined May 13, 2014, so you have met that requirement.

I also fixed the registry entry for your Interceptor.
You can now submit your Marketplace Ad.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:02 am

Craig wrote:
viabcroce wrote:
Craig wrote:

Thanks Boss! ;)

As regards the

It means 30 days from the date you joined the Forums. In your case, you joined May 13, 2014, so you have met that requirement.

Thanks again Craig!

I believe I've accomplished all the tasks, but when I visit the marketplace the system recognizes me as Viabcroce (i.e., the same userid as the one I have here on the furom) and still tells me I can't do anything.
If I try and login with the Register userid (which is an email address) it tells me there's no such a user.

I'm clearly missing something, but what? :/

:)

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 am

viabcroce wrote:
Craig wrote:
viabcroce wrote:
Craig wrote:

Thanks Boss! ;)

As regards the

Thanks again Craig!

I believe I've accomplished all the tasks, but when I visit the marketplace the system recognizes me as Viabcroce (i.e., the same userid as the one I have here on the furom) and still tells me I can't do anything.
If I try and login with the Register userid (which is an email address) it tells me there's no such a user.

I'm clearly missing something, but what? :/

:)

You should use your forum login and go to the Private Party Ads sub-forum to add your Ad via the New Topic button.
Once you review and submit your Ad post, it will be added to the Moderator Queue waiting for my review/approval. The Ad will not show until the approval process is done and you receive
a confirmation.

If you still have issues posting, please PM me with the specific error messages and I will help you get you Ad posted.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Wow, that "Makassar" guitar is absolutely gorgeous!

Di Donato is another Italian luthier who has my attention:
http://www.didonatoguitars.it/

Very cool Interceptor, too.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 am

verybestal wrote:Wow, that "Makassar" guitar is absolutely gorgeous!

Di Donato is another Italian luthier who has my attention:
http://www.didonatoguitars.it/

Very cool Interceptor, too.

Have a look at his other instruments, specially the basses: some of them are breathtaking IMO :happy0065:
Imagine that he bought a 1950 Brasilian Palissander dresser in order to get a strip for the fretboard :shocked028: :D

Thanks also for your advise about Di Donato, I did not know him at all. We have so many luthiers and artists in Italy...
... Wow, an all aluminium body!? :)

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks Craig for your assistance! I was finally able to do everything.

My Interceptor is officially on the Marketplace now :)

BTW, let me express my appreciation for the nice people I've met here on the board, for they genuine enthusiasm and their affability. The private contacts I am having are just confirming this!

It's a pleasure for me to know that this guitar will make some of you guys happy, I have somehow the feeling that it belonged here, if that makes any sense X)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:30 am

Hello everyone,

the Interceptor has found a new house! I'll let the buyer decide whether to reveal themselves or not ;)

Thanks to all those who have taken part in this thread and have written to me personally. I've discovered a great community here, where music and the passion for guitars rule. I'm grateful to be part of it :)

@Craig, feel free to remove the related thread at the Marketplace as per the community's rules. Thanks!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 am

viabcroce wrote:Hello everyone,

the Interceptor has found a new house! I'll let the buyer decide whether to reveal themselves or not ;)

Thanks to all those who have taken part in this thread and have written to me personally. I've discovered a great community here, where music and the passion for guitars rule. I'm grateful to be part of it :)

@Craig, feel free to remove the related thread at the Marketplace as per the community's rules. Thanks!

Congrats on the sale! I have removed your Ad from the Marketplace.
Also, don't forget to update the Registry entry and remove your ownership.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks mate :)

I've edited the Registy entry. IIGIR I just had to change my owner state, hadn't I?

That's all I did anyway :D