I Need a Saddlelock Bass Bridge!

Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 am

Hello Forum,

I'm working on an 81 L2000 Frankenstein of sorts and I'm having a hard time finding a bridge. I anyone has one (preferably black) give me shout.

Thanks... BooM

Re: I Need a Saddlelock Bass Bridge!

Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 am

This would be your best source but it looks like they are sold out at the moment. Click the link under categories and you will get the display of bridges-- Darwin
http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/

Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Darwin, the G&L site has said out of stock for a while now. Somebody's got to have one in a dusty parts box in their basement... I'm hoping to find that guy! BooM

Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Boomalotamus wrote:Thanks for the reply Darwin, the G&L site has said out of stock for a while now. Somebody's got to have one in a dusty parts box in their basement... I'm hoping to find that guy! BooM

A couple of things. This post does not belong in this sub-forum, see: READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum.
And, you need to post your Want Ad in our Marketplace not on the G&LDP, see: Welcome! Read This First.

You will not be able to get a powder-coated Saddle-Lock bridge from the G&L On-Line Store, but if you want the current Chrome version, contact
webstore@bbesound.com and ask them when they will be available again.

:ugeek:

Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

FWIW, I have been told that using engine block paint (available from automotive stores) on a chrome bridge gives a very close approximation of the old crinkle finish. The paint has to be baked in an oven after it's sprayed on. I plan to try this on the chrome replacement bridge that came with my project SC-2, whenever I can get around to it.

Ken

Tue May 06, 2014 10:18 am

KenC wrote:FWIW, I have been told that using engine block paint (available from automotive stores) on a chrome bridge gives a very close approximation of the old crinkle finish. The paint has to be baked in an oven after it's sprayed on. I plan to try this on the chrome replacement bridge that came with my project SC-2, whenever I can get around to it.

Ken

Ken, when you get to that project, please post it here with photos and details. I'm sure others will be quite interested in this.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Attn: Craig

Sorry for the post mistake. I was thrown off by the "register your product" part of the Marketplace. I don't have a complete instrument, just a body and pickups so I thought Project Page would be the place for me. Thanks for the link though.

Cheers... BooM

Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Harley Davidson sells some nice Black Crinkle paint ..... if you use the oven to bake , make sure the wife is going to be gone for awhile , long while :)

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 am

Boomalotamus wrote:Attn: Craig

Sorry for the post mistake. I was thrown off by the "register your product" part of the Marketplace. I don't have a complete instrument, just a body and pickups so I thought Project Page would be the place for me. Thanks for the link though.

Cheers... BooM

The Marketplace has been updated and you no longer need to have a G&L instrument registered to use it. For details see: GbL Marketplace Guidelines.

If you do score a bridge for your bass project, post details and photos in the Project Page.