what year is this from

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 am

I have a SC-3 robins egg blue body and head stock, Leo signature on head stock. serial number is G020410. I would like to know what year this is from and if it has value. thanks

Re: what year is this from

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:26 am

Fishcouller1983 wrote:I have a SC-3 robins egg blue body and head stock, Leo signature on head stock. serial number is G020410. I would like to know what year this is from and if it has value. thanks

Hmm, I don't see this SC-3. :searching: ;)
Please do post a photo, see Tutorial: Posting photos in the Announcement section.

For dating this guitar, see: Serial number significance.

For getting the value, here's one source: Zachary Fjestads' Blue Book of Electric Guitars.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 am

A "by Leo Fender" decal on the headstock puts it between 1985 and 1991. I'd need to see a photo to narrow it down any more.

Ken

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 am

It's most likely from the late '86 to early '87 era.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Fishcouller1983 wrote:I have a SC-3 robins egg blue body and head stock, Leo signature on head stock. serial number is G020410. I would like to know what year this is from and if it has value. thanks

It was made July 1987
HLG

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 pm

Ha! This guitar seems to have made it's way around Canada, and is now with me in sunny Australia.

I believe the correct finish name is 'Viking Blue'.

It has obviously had a hard life, chips/scratches/dents all over.

The pic above is from the previous owner, I will try and get some closer shots once I have it back together; at the moment I am waiting to hear back from Sperzel about replacement locking pins (turns out TWO of them are missing which explains the poor tuning stability/performance :confused0007: Worst case scenario is I'll have to fabricate the pins and hope I get the lengths right via trial/error as they're a staggered height set.)

I'd like to go with white pickup covers but seems G&L are not offering them any more.

Oh yeah, most importantly, it sounds and plays like a million bucks, much like my G&L ASAT Tribute from the run they made in Japan.

Mercifully it's nowhere near as HEAVY as the ASAT which is quite the back-breaker on long sets :)

Anyway, it's good to finally join up and hear from other G&L enthusiasts, they're somewhat uncommon guitars over here in .au, particularly the earlier models.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Great score Andrew!! :happy0065: