Highest priced G&L ever?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Today there was a 1984 SC3 posted on the bay for $14,999. Where it went, I don't know. Can't seem to locate it. (if anyone saved it please help me out here) It appeared to have a legitimate Stevie Ray Vaughn autograph on the back dated "87. From the authentication papers it looks like the real deal. No doubt I am a huge Stevie Ray fan but DAMN $14,999? Got me to thinking about the highest priced G&Ls ever sold that I am personally aware of. The top seven.
$29,000
$27,000
$10,000
$10,000
$8,500
$7,000
$7,000
Must be nice to have that kind of disposable jack!
(none of these had a celebrity name attached)

Re: Highest priced G&L ever?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

can you put the models by the price ? .... what was it that sold for 29 K ??....... 15K for a guitar would have me in the "dog house" ..... for a years ...lol

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Sometimes there is a delay before items show in the completed listings, check back later for it

There was a G&L up on ebay for 82,500....for a couple hours,
pretty sure that was a matter of a sticky zero key.

I paid north of 4 for one (and a half, there are two necks for her).

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 am

It is in the entertainment memorabilia section.

As of right now there are still 21 hours left:

PSA/DNA STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN AUTOGRAPHED SINGLE SIGNED G&L SC-3 GUITAR T05837

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:43 am

Thanks Salmon...well done. :clap:

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:01 am

That's interesting. The seller is an autograph dealer, and that's where any value is. Seeing as the guitar has been routed (look at the pickups), I'd say it's worth about $600 in it's own right. I think the fact that he has it "marked down" from $22,387.99 says something about how realistic he is...or how knowledgeable he is about guitars...

Ken

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 am

Fumble fingers wrote:can you put the models by the price ?

+1. I'd love to know at least what those G&Ls were, if not the stories behind them!

Ken

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:06 am

I think it's going to be a tough sell.

The autograph is in a poor spot where it will get rubbed off if played, or the guitar will have to be hung on a wall backwards to be displayed.

If it was personally owned by SRV, that might be different.

We'll see what she goes for.

Will

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:27 am

I'm with Will, it is a tough sell- need to find a G&L aficionado that also is SRV fan. The guitar itself has been modified and doesn't have a ton of eyeball. Even if SRV owned it, he wasn't widely known for playing G&L, so it would still be a tough sell.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm

The highest price I ever paid for a guitar was when I tried to sneak one past the boss. Painful.

y2kc

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah, that would be a tough sell, IMO. I'll pass...

My guess is that the high-dollar ones HLG mentioned were signed Broadcasters, or perhaps Interceptors, or Commemoratives; perhaps a G-200? A prototype?

Interesting.

Bill