Help please--what kind of bridge do I have?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 am

Hi,

I just registered my 1983 white F-100-2E, and I'm not sure which kind of bridge I have--I think it's either a DF or a DFS? -Definitely a vibrato (although I've never used the bar.) I have a photo of it in the gallery. If you can tell me which it is, I'd appreciate it, and I'll update my entry.

Also, I haven't seen that many photos of control plates with the little bump out for the on/off switch for the active electronics. (white switch). Was that a short-term design?

And one more question while I'm at it--I never had a chance to ask anybody knowledgeable before--these are all 3-position switches. The middle position on the white switch seems like, some amplification, but less than it is in "forward". Is that right? What about the other two? Are there actual words anywhere to describe these, like--standard nomenclature? (I mean, just for the middle position--I do have the little card that says what they're for.) Or just, "they're in the middle between forward and back." ??

Thanks very much,

Patty Ryan (Huckleberry)

Re: Help please--what kind of bridge do I have?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:01 am

That would be a DF (Dual Fulcrum) . The DFS are the same but with steel components (hence the "S").
Yours is the DF (also sometimes referred to DFV-Dual Fulcrum Vibrato)

and..

So I guess 'middle' is the official nomenclature , or you could sound smart and say it's "the active/ no boost position". :)

Welcome Patty!!

elwood

Re: Help please--what kind of bridge do I have?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Thank you, Elwood! --for the identification and the addition to my guitar literature! (and for the welcome, too). I really didn't know anything about the splitter switch. I will be playing with smarter ears now.

-Patty