Price check SC-2

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 am

I'm new to the forum and on the hunt for an SC-x (x<=3). I just saw a very nice white SC-3 sell on Reverb for about $1k. Is that about the right price also for an SC-1 and 2? In particular I've got a line on a clean original blue SC-2 from the original owner. He doesn't know the price and either do I. I'd like to pay fair value so no there's no issues on either side.

Re: Price check SC-2

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am

RalphNYC wrote:I'm new to the forum and on the hunt for an SC-x (x<=3). I just saw a very nice white SC-3 sell on Reverb for about $1k. Is that about the right price also for an SC-1 and 2? In particular I've got a line on a clean original blue SC-2 from the original owner. He doesn't know the price and either do I. I'd like to pay fair value so no there's no issues on either side.

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 am

Thank you! I think the most efficient question for you guys would be:

Assuming same color and condition, is an SC-3 price a good representative of an SC-2 and SC-1 price?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:14 am

In general it seems SC-2 and SC-3 are listed in a similar price range. I've seen from $699 - $1100 seems pretty common. Vintage SC-2 don't come up as often as SC-3. Though I have seen them go for less and have seen some listed higher. SC-1 typically go for quite a bit more because so few were produced. I rarely see SC-1s come up, though there are two on Reverb now. One $3K+, the other <$800 and pretty worn. Hope this helps.

cheers, Dan

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:45 am

That's perfect thanks - great guidance

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:58 pm

WitSok wrote:In general it seems SC-2 and SC-3 are listed in a similar price range. I've seen from $699 - $1100 seems pretty common. Vintage SC-2 don't come up as often as SC-3. Though I have seen them go for less and have seen some listed higher. SC-1 typically go for quite a bit more because so few were produced. I rarely see SC-1s come up, though there are two on Reverb now. One $3K+, the other <$800 and pretty worn. Hope this helps.

cheers, Dan

I noticed the low priced sc1 as well. Not sure if it's worn or a relic job gone bad...

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:02 pm

There's cool wear and then there's beat to sh!t. That one is the latter - in my opinion. Would be happy to own it but at a really low price.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Yeah, that is too beat up form tastes. Saw you scored a fine looking SC-1 in your introduction thread! Congratulations again!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

WitSok wrote:Yeah, that is too beat up form tastes. Saw you scored a fine looking SC-1 in your introduction thread! Congratulations again!

"Plays fine as is but there are some grooves on the frets that would need attention some day." :crazy:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 pm

WitSok wrote:Yeah, that is too beat up form tastes. Saw you scored a fine looking SC-1 in your introduction thread! Congratulations again!

Thanks! Looking forward to spending more time with it. Only had a few minutes tonight. Feels great, sounds great. Played it through my Marshall DSL 40C, the clean channel with a little bit of breakup - awesome sounding guitar. Like a fatter tele. Really cool guitar. About 7.5 pounds. The case (think it's original) is cool too - I'd never seen one. Looks like a large brief case. Very square edges all around.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

RalphNYC wrote: The case (think it's original) is cool too - I'd never seen one. Looks like a large brief case. Very square edges all around.

Nice, those squarish cases are pretty rare.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Now I've got a line on a really nice SC-2 from the original owner - blue with very little fading and maple neck teen bridge and original case. Seems only mod is a changed nut. Part of me thinks hell yeah! and part of me thinks hey wait I just got the sc-1 easy boy.
Last edited by RalphNYC on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:35 am

RalphNYC wrote:Now I've got a line on a really nice SC-2 from the original owner - blue with very little fading and maple neck teen bridge and original case. Seems only mod is a changed nut. Part of me thinks he'll yeah and part of me thinks wait I just got the sc-1 easy boy.

I say go for it.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 pm

DanDoulogos wrote:
RalphNYC wrote:Now I've got a line on a really nice SC-2 from the original owner - blue with very little fading and maple neck teen bridge and original case. Seems only mod is a changed nut. Part of me thinks he'll yeah and part of me thinks wait I just got the sc-1 easy boy.

I say go for it.

I second that emotion!

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm

here's a pic. Planning to get it next week

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Oh Yeah !!
:alright:
What a cool machine.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:13 am

I likey!!!

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:20 am

nice find, rare!

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:48 am

Awesome. DFV too.

Congratulations

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 am

Nice guitar and those MFD's are gonna kill. What year is it?

Tom

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:37 am

Sweet SC-2 of the first body style. I really like to find one of the first body style in Fullerton Red with a Saddle Lock bridge. Viking blue is a close second as well is sunburst. Congratulations, I'm green with envy! :mrgreen:

Great find! Dan

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:10 pm

I believe it's an 83. What's DFV ?

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Dual Fulcrum Vibrato. Its the type of G&L vibrato bridge that is on the guitar.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 pm

arrived today - plays great has a new nut

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Wow! Looks brand new! Congrats!

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 am

Wow is right - I thought it looked great in the first photos, but it looks even better closer up!

Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 am

Wow, that looks great! Can't see a ding or stratch. So clean and pristine! Just love these 1st body style SC's!

Edited, Kind should of been Can't
Last edited by WitSok on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:32 am

looks brand freakin new!

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:44 pm

Very very nice guitar. Congrats. I bet is sounds awesome. That is exactly what I am looking for, an SC-1 and 2 in that kind of condition. I like the blue but the red ones are pretty good looking too.

Good score!

Tom

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 pm

That looks fantastic! Great score!! Congratulations.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:24 am

yeah it's super clean and it's really nice to buy from the original owner. His name is on the receipt and another card and I just like that sort of stuff. the pickups sound awesome really lovin it.