Maintenance on newly bought S-500

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm

I just bought a used 2006 S-500 (Indonesia), and I really like it, but there are a few things I would like to do it. For one, the previous owner had the two-way pup switch removed, and I would like to reinstall it. Is there a wiring schematic available so that I can do it myself? Is there a specific switch I need to use?
And there is also a fair amount of rust on the pup poles. I really don't care about the look, I'm just worried that I will never be able to adjust the pole height if they stay rusted/corroded.
Does anyone have any info on either subject?
Thanks

Re: Maintenance on newly bought S-500

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:12 pm

I could not locate a wiring diagram for the S500 but here is a labeled picture for the S500:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 am

butterblum wrote:I just bought a used 2006 S-500 (Indonesia), and I really like it, but there are a few things I would like to do it. For one, the previous owner had the two-way pup switch removed, and I would like to reinstall it. Is there a wiring schematic available so that I can do it myself? Is there a specific switch I need to use?
And there is also a fair amount of rust on the pup poles. I really don't care about the look, I'm just worried that I will never be able to adjust the pole height if they stay rusted/corroded.
Does anyone have any info on either subject?
Thanks

On the main G&L website, they have schematics and wiring diagrams. Here's the S-500 - schematic block diagram.

The switch is available on G&L's On-Line Store: http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/c ... gle-switch

A quick search found this post: Can rusty pups etc. be cleaned?.

You might also check out this post: Welcome! Read This First, too.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I would also like to replace a pot because the shaft is bent. Is the 3rd pot (the 2nd tone pot) the 500 or the 1Meg pot?

Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Shoot, that's easy. I should put one of those in something. So you get bridge + neck, or all 3 dudes with that, right?

Larry

Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:54 am

@ Butterblum

According to that schematic Craig posted, the bass pot is the 1meg and it is the 3rd knob.

@ Zippy