Tremolo issues with G&L Legacy

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:52 am

Greetings! Having trouble with the tremolo unit on my 2007 Legacy. I picked it up to play recently and found that when I bent one string ALL the others went drastically out of tune. Not sure how or why this happened, haven't changed string gauge or anything since it's last set up a few months ago. Am thinking I may need to install a 4th spring into the back but the terminal plate only has attachments for 3 and the fender ones have a different screw spacing.

Basically what I'm asking is; does anyone have any idea how or why this happened, and where could I find a terminal plate with more than 3 attachments specifically fitted for G&L guitars???

i.e https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... ik2pND-hgw

Re: Tremolo issues with G&L Legacy

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 am

Brother I just got back on this board after a long time away and it's changed. Also, I've set many DF trems up. Trust me, you do not need another spring. I've set up every crazy gauge some nut friend wanted to play. On this site somewhere, is a downloadable pdf of the trem set up. I used to do them with my eyes closed but again, it's been a while. There are a few tricks but if you follow the directions precisely, your set up will be rock stable.

You will need to spend some initial time adjusting the trem claw vs. tuned strings to get the balance, but once you have, she's awesome.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm lost on this "new" site.

Larry

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3371

Here you go. This was in the knowledge base, where I'm not typically allowed.

See if this helps.

Larry

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am

doshea wrote:Greetings! Having trouble with the tremolo unit on my 2007 Legacy. I picked it up to play recently and found that when I bent one string ALL the others went drastically out of tune. Not sure how or why this happened, haven't changed string gauge or anything since it's last set up a few months ago. Am thinking I may need to install a 4th spring into the back but the terminal plate only has attachments for 3 and the fender ones have a different screw spacing.

Basically what I'm asking is; does anyone have any idea how or why this happened, and where could I find a terminal plate with more than 3 attachments specifically fitted for G&L guitars???

i.e https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... ik2pND-hgw

Welcome! :greet:

Here's a post to get you familiar with our site: Welcome! Read This First.
Zippy pointed you to the current factory setup post in the G&L Tech Tips sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase.
You might browse that sub-forum for additional posts on setup help, too.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: