any models have #3 0r 4 neck standard

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:42 pm

any models have #3 0r 4 neck standard? Use to play an '87 asat and miss that guitar. Looking into purchasing but enjoy a wider neck. Also loves the 12 radius and single coils sound - I'm intereted in trying out a p90 style guitar as well. I play reggae, funk, jazz. I have a strat that gets great clean tones so looking for something with a little more bite. More of a lead style I guess - although I would love an all around great everything guitar. Thanks for any suggestions. I love G&L , just first time poster. :mrgreen:

Re: any models have #3 0r 4 neck standard

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Welcome to G&LDP. It shouldn't matter whether the neck is standard, unless you plan to buy from a dealer's in-store stock. You should be able to order just about any G&L with any of the neck profiles, and only pay a nominal up-charge over the base price. You'll have a wait for the guitar to be built, but you'll get exactly what you want.

Ken

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:13 pm

A Super Hawk comes standard with a number 4 neck so does a Rampage but both have no other neck options just #4..... other wise a custom order will have all the neck option's except for the Fallout and SC 2 , they come with standard 1 only .......

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:43 am

Thanks. I remember years back I could build the guitar and check the prices, but the G&L website now - I don't see the option. Any suggestions. Thanks for the advice.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 am

SuperHawk looks pretty sweet. Like I said, I have a nice strat , so some humbuckers may be the different sound i'm looking for. I've heard great things about the 59' and JB - I'm sure any of these guitars are going to be awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 am

inmanvibes wrote:Thanks. I remember years back I could build the guitar and check the prices, but the G&L website now - I don't see the option. Any suggestions. Thanks for the advice.

Check out American Guitar Boutique's G&L Generator: http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/AGB_Generator_index.html

Ken

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm

if you custom order , you can get a wide neck on anything but a SC 2 and Fallout ..... legacy has some models with one Humbucker withtwo singles coils and dual humbucker models with a coil splitter..... wear that guitar builder out !! ....lol.... you should post this topic in the G & L forum under "let's talk about G & L " ...... the auto "new post reminder" doesn't automatically come up on the Knowledgebase like it does on the regular G & L Forum so you don't see the new post's as easy as over there

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:if you custom order , you can get a wide neck on anything but a SC 2 and Fallout ..... legacy has some models with one Humbucker withtwo singles coils and dual humbucker models with a coil splitter..... wear that guitar builder out !! ....lol.... you should post this topic in the G & L forum under "let's talk about G & L " ...... the auto "new post reminder" doesn't automatically come up on the Knowledgebase like it does on the regular G & L Forum so you don't see the new post's as easy as over there

This is from the Guitar Options page:
* SC-2, Fallout and F-100 have no neck profile options available at this time.

There is no reason not to post this here. I don't know what you mean by "the auto "new post reminder" doesn't ...". All active topics for the G&LDP and G&L Knowledgebase
show when you use the "View active topics" link. You might consider subscribing to the G&L Knowledgebase, see FAQ.

:ugeek:

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:53 pm

inmanvibes wrote:any models have #3 0r 4 neck standard? Use to play an '87 asat and miss that guitar. Looking into purchasing but enjoy a wider neck. Also loves the 12 radius and single coils sound - I'm intereted in trying out a p90 style guitar as well. I play reggae, funk, jazz. I have a strat that gets great clean tones so looking for something with a little more bite. More of a lead style I guess - although I would love an all around great everything guitar. Thanks for any suggestions. I love G&L , just first time poster. :mrgreen:

inmanvibes wrote:Thanks. I remember years back I could build the guitar and check the prices, but the G&L website now - I don't see the option. Any suggestions. Thanks for the advice.

The Invader models have the #3 neck. Note that the Rampage and Superhawk models have a custom #4 neck.
See What are the USA neck size options, past and present? for details plus links to the current G&L Option pages.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: