Swapping Tribute Necks

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi, I have a 2011 Tribute Legacy and I love the size, feel & profile of the neck. I have also just purchased a 2007 made in Indonesia ASAT Special thinline that is a beautiful instrument but I am finding the neck profile much too thin & slim. I need to find a solution to my problem as I don't think I can live with current neck unfortunately.

Do the current gloss tribute ASAT special necks have a chunkier profile ? (I think I read that somewhere) I could sell my 2007 and re-buy a new one ..or...
will my Tribute legacy neck fit on my Tribute ASAT Special? I could replace that later off ebay....

Cheers
Paul

Re: Swapping Tribute Necks

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:28 pm

bonica1966 wrote:Hi, I have a 2011 Tribute Legacy and I love the size, feel & profile of the neck. I have also just purchased a 2007 made in Indonesia ASAT Special thinline that is a beautiful instrument but I am finding the neck profile much too thin & slim. I need to find a solution to my problem as I don't think I can live with current neck unfortunately.

Do the current gloss tribute ASAT special necks have a chunkier profile ? (I think I read that somewhere) I could sell my 2007 and re-buy a new one ..or...
will my Tribute legacy neck fit on my Tribute ASAT Special? I could replace that later off ebay....

Cheers
Paul

You should be able to put your Tribute Legacy neck on the Tribute ASAT Special. Sorry, I cannot answer your question regarding the profile of the current
Tribute ASAT Special gloss tinted neck. All I know is that it's listed as having a Medium C profile. Do you have a G&L dealer near where you might be able
to try out some of the current Tribute models?

We have this compilation index post with all our replacement neck posts. You might check it out and see if there is any additional information that might be of use.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi, thank you very much for your help. I will give the swap a go!

I'll post my results...I am located in country Australia and don't have a G & L dealer close buy...

I would like to hear from anyone who has owned both one of the older ASAT guitars with the satin neck and a new ASAT with a gloss one for their opinion?
Regards
Paul

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 am

I own a Tribute S500 Korean made, a Tribute S500 made in Indonesia and a 2011 ASAT Deluxe Carved Top that all seem to have the same neck profile. Just bought a Tribute S500 neck off ebay from rt1sales who parts out new guitars on ebay and it has the glossy neck finish and it seems the same as well. All of these have the rosewood finger board and a rated 12" radius. Also own a 1996 ASAT Classic and the neck profile on that one is thinner than any of my Tributes which will be up for sale soon due to the thinner neck and 7 1/2" radius. Hope this helps.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Anyone who wants to get rid of a thin tribute neck, let me know.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:23 pm

SamIV wrote: Just bought a Tribute S500 neck off ebay from rt1sales who parts out new guitars on ebay and it has the glossy neck finish and it seems the same as well.

They currently have a maple tribute ASAT neck up for auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Tribute-ASA ... 5400867b56

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Ray Barbee Music wrote:Anyone who wants to get rid of a thin tribute neck, let me know.

I have an S-500 neck. Bought it to use on a project from someone who parts out new guitars, but never used it.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:57 pm

If you have accurate caliper measurements, email me at ray at raybarbeemusic dot com

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:45 am

The measurements on the S-500 tribute neck thickness I have are .83 at the first fret and .916 at the 12th fret.
Width at the nut is 1.68 inches and 2.41 inches at the 12th fret.