Mahogany Comanche?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Anyone seen one of these before? I checked the registry, and there's only 5 listed, and only one of them is trans red like this one..

Mahogany neck and body (like the 25th Anniversary), but she's clearly all Comanche...

I'd love to know a build date, and any sort of history/production figures for what seems to be a really unusual variant...

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Mahogany Comanche?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 am

I think that is one of the Comanche Mahogany Special Build instruments that the factory did in 2004. They did less than 25 of them.
IIRCC, the factory was starting to integrate the CNC machine into production and they did several models in
Mahogany as a final test of sorts. See Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).

To get the build dates, see: How do I determine an instrument's age?

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks, Craig!

Ok, starting to feel a bit special now... I knew this wasn't very common, but this makes it even sweeter...

It's really an amazing guitar, and in literally dead mint condition... Would you believe it still has the plastic on the pickguard and backplate?

Thanks for the info about getting a build date... I did poke around a bit before I posted here and didn't get very far with the serial #, and I'm not curious enough to take the neck off :)

Dave

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:35 am

Very cool find Dave.-- Darwin

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks, Darwin!

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Beautiful.