What kind of wood is the body of my Asat Classic???

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 am

I'm looking to build a cheapo version of my Asat classic... buy a mexican tele made from the same wood, buy the stock pickups, bridge.. even tuners... Basically create a cheapo clone as a backup. Thing is, I can't figure out what kind of wood the guitar is made of. On the Asat Classic Page it says "Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes" but it doesn't say anything about the Metal Flake finish..

Can anyone help me???

Re: What kind of wood is the body of my Asat Classic???

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:01 am

===========

Why not just buy used Tribute Classic?

Re: What kind of wood is the body of my Asat Classic???

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

BrokaBrendan wrote:I'm looking to build a cheapo version of my Asat classic... buy a mexican tele made from the same wood, buy the stock pickups, bridge.. even tuners... Basically create a cheapo clone as a backup. Thing is, I can't figure out what kind of wood the guitar is made of. On the Asat Classic Page it says "Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes" but it doesn't say anything about the Metal Flake finish..

Can anyone help me???

The stock body wood for the ASAT Classic with a Metal Flake finish will be Alder. Swamp Ash can be ordered as an option, too.
For the ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow the body wood is always Swamp Ash regardless of type of finish.

helle-man wrote:===========

Why not just buy used Tribute Classic?

I agree with Will, it would be the ideal backup for your ASAT Classic. :thumbup:

:ugeek: