legacy serial #idenification

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 pm

how do i identify my lagacy by serial number g0501614. some one help me

Re: legacy serial #idenification

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 pm

michaelprice54+ wrote:how do i identify my lagacy by serial number g0501614. some one help me

Here's a quick overview (it looks like you have one too many numerals for the proper serial format of the mid-late 90's).

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18

Pics are great for evaluating details, if you have some posted on the web somewhere they can posted with the 'img','timage',
or 'thumbs' tags above the text window.
or just put up a link and we can go from there.

The neck and body dates should be stamped in the neck pocket if you want to find some specific dates .

welcome Michael !
elwood

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:29 am

Elwood, judging from this and other posts Mr michaelprice54+ might very well be a troll. For one, we both know the G serial numbers did not go up into the 500,000s. Heck the CLF's are only up to 67,000 by now. So a Tribute S/N then? No, couldn't be that either. The Japanese models have 7 digits and no letter prefix, the Chinese built models have an 'L' prefix but 8 digits.

And above all, the question of how an instrument is identified is by its Serial Number, being the only valid key into finding additional information is production and/or sales logs. In that sense, the question is rather self-referential ;)

- Jos

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:46 am

I'm seeing that possibility...sorta reaked of youth and alcohol with no respect for others...thanks for looking out for my valuable time , I cherish it!
(back to working on the Skyhawk ...just put in some old EMGs for fun . guess where I put the battery?)
cheers

Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:01 am

Elwood wrote:guess where I put the battery?

In its place? ;)

- Jos
P.S. My wife is doing chair massages at some Hack-aton event here in Seatte. Who knows this site got some traffic from there :think:

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Elwood wrote:guess where I put the battery?

In its place? ;)

I inverted the jack plate so it's an outtie instead of an innie.

yowhatsshakin wrote:
P.S. My wife is doing chair massages at some Hack-aton event here in Seatte.

sounds interesting !