Could my cherryburst ASAT classic body be made out of Alder?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm

I bought a brand new ASAT classic about A month and A half ago (serial number CLF064525 Cherryburst finish, Maple Neck and maple fretboard, one of the best feeling and sounding guitars I ever played or owned! full of personality and twang!). The custom build specifications sheet says the body wood is alder which is strange because i taught the premier finishes are Ash. It doesn't really matter to me the guitar is A beauty and it sounds absolutely amazing. Just curious. The Luther that sets up all my guitars says the guitar seems to be too light to be Ash and he has 30 years of guitar building experience.. What do you think?

Re: Could my cherryburst ASAT classic body be made out of Al

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:21 pm

this is it :D

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:22 pm

DinamicTubeTone wrote:I bought a brand new ASAT classic about A month and A half ago (serial number CLF064525 Cherryburst finish, Maple Neck and maple fretboard, one of the best feeling and sounding guitars I ever played or owned! full of personality and twang!). The custom build specifications sheet says the body wood is alder which is strange because i taught the premier finishes are Ash. It doesn't really matter to me the guitar is A beauty and it sounds absolutely amazing. Just curious. The Luther that sets up all my guitars says the guitar seems to be too light to be Ash and he has 30 years of guitar building experience.. What do you think?

Cherryburst has always been a Standard finish, so yes, just as it says on the Custom Build Spec sheet, the body is Alder.

:ugeek:

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 pm

DinamicTubeTone wrote:Image

this is it :D

Yes, that is Alder. Nice looking! :thumbup:

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:24 pm

I believe the build sheet is correct. A dealer could order any of the available woods with a premier finish. If they want Alder, Alder it is. It does look like Alder to me. Beautiful guitar.-- Darwin

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Cherryburst is a standard finish? didn't know that. thought any finish that is see through so you can see the wood under it, is considered by G&L a premier finish. and the finishes that don't show the wood are standard . thanx for the reply craig (-;

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:44 pm

DinamicTubeTone wrote:Cherryburst is a standard finish? didn't know that. thought any finish that is see through so you can see the wood under it, is considered by G&L a premier finish. and the finishes that don't show the wood are standard . thanx for the reply craig (-;

See: G&L's USA Finishes page.

Also, see this post: viewtopic.php?p=41675#p41675