Legacy Special blue swirl 3 bolt

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:59 am

Hi Guys: Back again to let you know i like my green swirl ASAT so much that I found a Blue Swirl Legacy Special 3 bolt and bought it. The guitar was the filthiest I have ever seen on a guitar for sale. The finger board had black streaks between every fret right to the top fret. As soon as I got home I give it a total spray with fantastic and it finally came off. I then gave it a proper douche with guitar cleaner. Only 2 tiny dents and no scratches of any sort. I can barely read the serial # but it is GO46404 on the 3 bolt neck plate. It has 2 tone knobs with black top hat type knobs and 1 volume with knurled chrome knob. I would like to know the correct knob so it will be correct for the year. The pickups were so low in the pickguard it sounded like hell with no balls and thin tinny top end. When the pickups were raised, it came to life. Very quiet on idle and a lion when spanked. A beautiful roar. What is approximate year and what knobs are stock.....thanks from Green Swirl

Re: Legacy Special blue swirl 3 bolt

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:13 am

I think they all came with the standard plastic strat knobs.

Here's G051xxx that sold on ebay ( a lovely green swirl with a birdseye neck)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-G-L-USA-Le ... 7675.l2557

Congrats on your new G&L !!! can't wait to see pics once you've given it the needed TLC.
Many F-100's I bought had the pickups too high...sounded like crap until I lowered them ( string decay choked by the magnets ), others were obviously played for years without proper intonation. It's good for us guys who know which screw to turn and how far...sorta sad for the clueless sellers....just sorta ;)

elwood

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 am

Hey Elwood...Thanks for the quick reply and the link to the 96 Legacy. Wow $1200. I paid a lot less than that for both the ASAT and Legacy Special. My special is just regular maple neck but the ASAT is outrageous Birdseye. I am so happy to have 2 Swirl G+L's now. I can see from the pics the knobs are regular Fender type knobs. Do Fender knobs fit???
I am also glad the Special has different Pups as I have regular USA Fender strats. These are so quiet and sound so nice. I am thrilled.
Thanks for helping out. I'll post some pics soon and register it as well. Best wishes ....Blue/Green Swirl....LOL

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 am

green swirl wrote: Do Fender knobs fit???

Yep they should . ( I just checked on my '90 skyhawk...same dimensions)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am

just for reference...here's a 1995 Legacy (burst) serial G041xxx that just appeared (almost by magic :shock: :lol: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-G-L-Legacy ... 3cd44d0cdf

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am

That's a beauty too. It's so nice to see old guitars in such nice shape. Thanks for the heads up on tone knobs. I'm not sure I want to take off the neck just to date it as it is quite nice to play right now. I think by the serial # it must be in the "95-'96 range. My tech may take it off for a peek and a photo shoot of the dating....Thanks again.