OK - what is the deal with Lefty Fallout and Lefty SC-2

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 am

A couple of questions:

1) is this website affiliated with G&L or is this just a fan site?

2) I've searched and read threads about a left handed SC-2 and a left-handed Fallout being available or soon to be available and i've also seen the price list for those guitars.

Is G&L really going to be making an SC-2 and a Fallout in left handed????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!??????

I'm getting annoyed because I have contacted Buffalo Brothers months ago and again last week. They then contact G&L and their G&L rep is telling Buffalo Bros that G&L is not making a lefty SC-2 or a lefty Fallout.

So who is misinformed? This website or the G&L rep? :confused0007:

3) Why can't companies just have a stinking link to all their left handed guitars? Probably because it takes a tiny amount of effort.......the usual excuse not to do it. :mad0025:

Re: OK - what is the deal with Lefty Fallout and Lefty SC-2

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:10 pm

BuildTone wrote:A couple of questions:

2) I've searched and read threads about a left handed SC-2 and a left-handed Fallout being available or soon to be available and i've also seen the price list for those guitars.

Is G&L really going to be making an SC-2 and a Fallout in left handed????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!??????

I'm getting annoyed because I have contacted Buffalo Brothers months ago and again last week. They then contact G&L and their G&L rep is telling Buffalo Bros that G&L is not making a lefty SC-2 or a lefty Fallout.

3) Why can't companies just have a stinking link to all their left handed guitars? Probably because it takes a tiny amount of effort.......the usual excuse not to do it. :mad0025:

See: guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines

Yes, they do. The factory was able to get this programmed into their production shortly after the 2013 Price List was released.

Not this website nor the main G&L website. My guess is that the G&L rep is just using the latest G&L Price List (January 1, 2013)
which states that the SC-2 and Fallout models are not available left-handed. That was changed and is documented on the G&L main website (They removed the
restriction note).

See: Current G&L Lefty USA standard production Models

:ugeek:

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 am

Awesome. Thank you. I'm planning on having a SC-2 or Fallout built for me. Not sure which. I'd love an SC-2 but I'm leaning toward a the Fallout except I don't much like having a Seymour Duncan pickup as factory issue. I prefer a custom wound G&L made-in-house pickup. I can always buy a Seymour Duncan or any other pickup. Just saying. @ least stamp "G&L custom wound Seymour Duncan" on the pickup and actually have it custom-wound-optimized for the guitar. That's my humble suggestion.

I wanted to get the production of these lefty guitars confirmed so that I can make a point of saving the scratch to pay for one. I didn't want to set aside money for something that doesn't exist. Cheers, Happy Independence Day Weekend.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:35 pm

BuildTone wrote:Awesome. Thank you. I'm planning on having a SC-2 or Fallout built for me. Not sure which. I'd love an SC-2 but I'm leaning toward a the Fallout except I don't much like having a Seymour Duncan pickup as factory issue. I prefer a custom wound G&L made-in-house pickup. I can always buy a Seymour Duncan or any other pickup. Just saying. @ least stamp "G&L custom wound Seymour Duncan" on the pickup and actually have it custom-wound-optimized for the guitar. That's my humble suggestion.

I wanted to get the production of these lefty guitars confirmed so that I can make a point of saving the scratch to pay for one. I didn't want to set aside money for something that doesn't exist. Cheers, Happy Independence Day Weekend.

Then what you want is an LE-2. They are forum only and are in production now, they feature a MFD soapbar at the neck and an F100 humbucker at the bridge. All G&L all the time.