2010 Tribute Cost More Than 2013?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 am

A music store has a 2010 NOS Tribute Comanche for list of $1270, priced at [*price deleted] When I asked why it cost more than the new ones they replied:

The older models came with a custom gig bag and were built in Korea. Now they are being built in Indonesia and there is no gig bag included and G&L dropped most of their advertising and no longer attend the guitar shows and they are passing these savings on to the customer in new lower priced guitars.

Does this sound right? I like the color of the 2010 more than the current black on black but not [*price deleted] more.

[* post of new instrument pricing is not allow - see guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines-Admin]

Re: 2010 Tribute Cost More Than 2013?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 am

I believe that is correct. My WR Korean models were more expensive than the Indonesian ones. Weird!

Will

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 am

MJ Slaughter wrote:A music store has a 2010 NOS Tribute Comanche for list of $1270, priced at [*price deleted] When I asked why it cost more than the new ones they replied:

The older models came with a custom gig bag and were built in Korea. Now they are being built in Indonesia and there is no gig bag included and G&L dropped most of their advertising and no longer attend the guitar shows and they are passing these savings on to the customer in new lower priced guitars.

Does this sound right? I like the color of the 2010 more than the current black on black but not [*price deleted] more.

[* post of new instrument pricing is not allow - see guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines-Admin]

See Tribute series receiving a price cut / nixing gig bag?

:ugeek:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:31 am

Also the specs have changed. Previous models had a flame maple cap/veneer whereas the newer ones haven't.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 am

Xochitl wrote:Also the specs have changed. Previous models had a flame maple cap/veneer whereas the newer ones haven't.

Yes, this is true on the Tribute Comanche. See History of the Tribute Comanche?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:22 am

Thanks for all the information. I had no idea there were those kind of differences. Should the 2010 model then have the 9" radius since 2009 was 9" and didn't change to 12" until 2011?

Any idea when the 2013 models will be released for this guitar or are they continuing with the 2012 design?

Sorry about putting prices. Forgot about that.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 am

MJ Slaughter wrote:Thanks for all the information. I had no idea there were those kind of differences. Should the 2010 model then have the 9" radius since 2009 was 9" and didn't change to 12" until 2011?

Any idea when the 2013 models will be released for this guitar or are they continuing with the 2012 design?

Sorry about putting prices. Forgot about that.

Yes, the 2010 model should have the 9" radius fretboard.
The 2013 Tribute models have been shipping to dealers when they (the dealers) order new stock, beginning in January.
Also, it's easy to determine the build year and month by the serial number. See Serial number significance.

Hope this helps.