Why are some Legacy's more straight at the edges?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm

I recently received a PM from a member:

Do you know why some legacy's are more straight at the edges, like in the picture below.

and some other legacy's are more rounded at the edges, like in the picture below.

The Legacy HB (top guitar) has natural wood binding body option (top and bottom) whereas the Legacy Special does not.

Here is another view of wood binding (top only):

Re: Why are some Legacy's more straight at the edges?

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Is it possible that occasionally a sharp edged blank body has been used for a non-bound guitar?

Or, can you have binding that is part of the quilt ? ...I would think this would not be considered binding and would just be part of the top.

Here is a Legacy with a quilted top that does not appear to have binding but the front edge is sharp:

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Salmon wrote:Is it possible that occasionally a sharp edged blank body has been used for a non-bound guitar?

Or, can you have binding that is part of the quilt ? ...I would think this would not be considered binding and would just be part of the top.

Here is a Legacy with a quilted top that does not appear to have binding but the front edge is sharp:

It has the natural wood binding, which is the edge of the quilted maple top. Because the Lemondrop finish is very close to the maple with clear gloss,
you won't see the wood binding very well. It is not as dramatic as the one in the my first post (3rd photo).

Look at the wood binding in that photo:

See how close the color of the wood binding is to the Legacy SH Quilt Top Lemondrop finish. It just does not photograph as well, because it blends with
the Lemondrop finish.

:ugeek:

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Ahh I do see it now, thanks!