Phyllis Fenders COA

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Can anybody tell me the first year and possibly the month that G&L started issueing the COA signed by Phyillis Fender?

Re: Phyllis Fenders COA

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:57 pm

HLG wrote:Can anybody tell me the first year and possibly the month that G&L started issueing the COA signed by Phyillis Fender?

While I cannot answer your questions specifically, I can say that the 1991-92 ASAT Classic Leo Fender Commemorative and 1991-92 ASAT Bass Leo Fender Commemorative
all came with a COA which had Phyllis Fender's signature. I do believe that all standard production models from that point on have the Phyllis Fender's signature COA.

Hope this helps.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Craig wrote:
HLG wrote:Can anybody tell me the first year and possibly the month that G&L started issueing the COA signed by Phyillis Fender?

While I cannot answer your questions specifically, I can say that the 1991-92 ASAT Classic Leo Fender Commemorative and 1991-92 ASAT Bass Leo Fender Commemorative
all came with a COA which had Phyllis Fender's signature.

Well maybe not all of them.
The first twelve Commemoratives which consisted of five of the six uber rare Lacewood Commemoratives and the first seven Cherryburst Commemoratives were built on or before Nov. 4 1991 which is considered pre BBE era if you will and up until then I know the COA program hadn't been implemented. Thanks for the info Craig. I wasn't aware the later Commemoratives came with the Phyllis Fender COA.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 am

HLG wrote:I wasn't aware the later Commemoratives came with the Phyllis Fender COA.

They were. These certificates looked like this:
From the text you'll know they have had to be produced after January 15, 1992, since Leo's induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame is mentioned. Also note that Phyllis has already been appointed Honorary Chairman.
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 am

So there's at least a couple of months worth of the Commemoratives prior to the Phyllis COA.
Good Info Thanks