Converting a Bluesboy to ASAT 50 wiring?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 am

I am considering converting an ASAT Classic Bluesboy (US-built) to ASAT 50-style wiring. Is there a diagram/schematic available somewhere, or would I just have to locate and follow what is available for a F++++r Esquire?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Converting a Bluesboy to ASAT 50 wiring?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:09 am

Serge wrote:I am considering converting an ASAT Classic Bluesboy (US-built) to ASAT 50-style wiring. Is there a diagram/schematic available somewhere, or would I just have to locate and follow what is available for a F++++r Esquire?

Thanks in advance!

if you ask the member yowhatsshakin he may be able to take a pic of the electronics so you can figure it out from that.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Serge wrote:I am considering converting an ASAT Classic Bluesboy (US-built) to ASAT 50-style wiring. Is there a diagram/schematic available somewhere, or would I just have to locate and follow what is available for a F++++r Esquire?

Thanks in advance!

To the best of my knowledge, the wiring of the ASAT '50 is based in the original wiring of a '50s Esquire. The wiring was dug up by Tony Pedrilla with whom designer Tim Page collaborated on this model. Here are some pics (click on them if you want to see them larger):
ImageImage

You'll notice that instead of .047μF as shown in the linked diagram, all caps are .05μF, combined with the 3.3kΩ resistor.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks a million both of you, this is much appreciated!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Serge wrote:Thanks a million both of you, this is much appreciated!

i did nothing. it's all jos. he is the one with the world's most extensive asat collection. but i am glad you got what you needed.