tribute s-500 with integrated tuner

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 am

Hi everyone, I just got myself a tribute s-500. The volume knob has a push-pull function which activates a tuner, located around the knob. I searched all over the web to find any input on this, but cant find anything about it!!! From the serial number i know that the guitar was built in 2011, so its not a brand new concept....

I just want to find out if this guitar is genuine and not a copy or modified by someone else.

Thanks for any input

Dennis

Re: tribute s-500 with integrated tuner

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 am

Welcome Dennis,
I know I've seen some aftermarket onboard tuners as you describe, it
sounds like someone added one of those. I haven't seen them come from from the factory
with them. Have you opened her up to see how well the solder joints/connections were done?
Might be a plus...and pictures are the easiest way to for folks here to evaluate any other mods or
concerns.

cheers,
Elwood

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 am

I've seen pictures with Tributes & built-in tuners. I think the Gallery has a few pics from NAMM...

Cheers,

Will

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 pm

G&L did come out with the Tribute Legacy N-Tune in 2009 which featured
the "N-Tune" Onboard True Bypass Chromatic Tuner.

Here's a picture of it which I took at the 2009 Winter NAMM show:

This model was dropped a year or two later. It is not listed in the 2011 or 2012 Tribute Price Lists.
(I don't have a copy of the 2010 Tribute Price List).

Please post a photo of your guitar showing the controls and also the front of the headstock.

:ugeek:

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks for quick replies. Good to know that G&L did make guitars with those tuners

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 am

Your photos are not showing because they images don't seem
to be available from Facebook:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable,
the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

If you upload them to your photo album in the Gallery, you
can post them here.

AFAIK, only the Tribute Legacy was available with the factory installed
integrated tuner, so it's likely that your Tribute S-500 had one installed
aftermarket.

:ugeek: