Tribute Legacy Push/pull switch

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 am

Hi all,
I just put a deposit on a used Tribute Legacy (I think). It's 3 tone Sunburst and has a push / pull switch on the 2nd pot. Just wondering what that's for?? Is it a switch for the middle p/u?? There's no listing for a switch like that on the Legacy, but it has to be a Legacy as the S-500 doesn't come in 3TS. Any thoughts???
Thanx!!! JP

Re: Tribute Legacy Push/pull switch

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Johnny,

That pot allows you to combine the bridge and neck pickups, with or without the middle pickup in the mix. So for a 5 position switch, these would be the combinations:
tone pot pushed (=down)
1- neck
2- neck & middle
3- middle
4- bridge & middle
5- bridge

tone pot pulled (=up)
1- neck & bridge
2- neck & middle & bridge
3- middle
4- neck & middle & bridge
5- neck & bridge

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 am

Thanx!!!! Is that stock on these guitars???

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 am

johnnypro wrote:Thanx!!!! Is that stock on these guitars???

What is the pickup configuration? (3 SC or 2 SC & 1 HB)

If it's stock and has 3 single coil pickups, it will be a Tribute S-500 and yes they did come in Three-tone Sunburst.
See: What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003? The Tribute Legacy does not have the expander switching.
If you search the G&L Registry for Tribute S-500 you will find 22 examples with Three-tone Sunburst.

It could be a Tribute Legacy HB which has neck and middle single coils and a bridge humbucker.
The push/pull pot would be for coil splitting the HB.

The model name will be on the front of the headstock. Can you post a photo?

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:41 pm

It's still at the shop. I'll try and pick it up asap (or when I have the rest of the $$$).
It is fairly new as it is made in Indonesia. 3 single coils. JP