? on build sheet

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 am

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if my 30th anniversary asat special came with a build sheet? it did have the coa but not
a build/spec sheet? if so would my dealer have it?..Thanks in advance for any info!

Re: ? on build sheet

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 am

huck wrote:Just wondering if anyone can tell me if my 30th anniversary asat special came with a build sheet? it did have the coa but not
a build/spec sheet? if so would my dealer have it?..Thanks in advance for any info!

It depends upon the serial number. If it is on the serial number plate (back of headstock), it should have come with the
Custom Build Specification Certificate. See Serial number significance.

The first production of the 30th Anniversary instruments were done before the switch to the new serial number format.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks Craig!
It doesn't have a plate, it has the # on the back of the headstock in print, I'm wondering if they would even have a build sheet because
they all have the same specs? ie, ebony fretboard, same color combo, same features all around, but I like being able to see the folks names that built my instrument!, think it's cool to have that in print!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Craig wrote:
huck wrote:Just wondering if anyone can tell me if my 30th anniversary asat special came with a build sheet? it did have the coa but not

It depends upon the serial number. If it is on the serial number plate (back of headstock), it should have come with the

The first production of the 30th Anniversary instruments were done before the switch to the new serial number format.

Hope this helps.

Talked with my dealer and he is going to get a replacement build sheet from G&L, he said he could not locate the original.
Thanks!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 pm

huck wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Talked with my dealer and he is going to get a replacement build sheet from G&L, he said he could not locate the original.
Thanks!

i think craig was saying that if it has the plate it came with one, if it is the printed number on the back it doesn't.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm

i think craig was saying that if it has the plate it came with one, if it is the printed number on the back it doesn't.

That is what Craig is saying. The "build sheet" began distribution with the new metal serial number plates.

If your dealer can get you a build sheet that would be cool, but it does not seem likely that there ever was one for your guitar.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 am

suave eddie wrote:

That is what Craig is saying. The "build sheet" began distribution with the new metal serial number plates.

If your dealer can get you a build sheet that would be cool, but it does not seem likely that there ever was one for your guitar.

Oh?, OK, I just assumed all G&Ls came with a build sheet? I guess my dealer was just doing a little PR work? Thanks for the
info!, I won't be surprised when I don't get one then..

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 am

huck wrote:
suave eddie wrote:

Oh?, OK, I just assumed all G&Ls came with a build sheet? I guess my dealer was just doing a little PR work? Thanks for the

For more info on the new serial number plate/Custom Build Spec Sheet, see this post New Serial Number Plates.

Hope this helps.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 am

Craig wrote:
huck wrote:
suave eddie wrote:

For more info on the new serial number plate/Custom Build Spec Sheet, see this post New Serial Number Plates.

Hope this helps.

Good read!, thanks Craig!, I understand it better now!,so my 30th was built with #59xxxx so it will not have a build sheet but my monkeypod asat classic has one so I'm happy!..lol..my 2cnt's ''I LIKE THE PLATE!