HipShot b-bender on a Legacy

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I installed a Hipshot b-bender on a Tribute Series Legacy and it's working pretty fair, but the stock bridge on the Legacy just isn't quite right for it. The B and "drop D" both seem t be rid
ing a little high over the back of the bridge. Is it possible to install the G&L saddle lock bridge on the Legacy? If it's possible to do this, I'm sure that it would solve the problem

Re: HipShot b-bender on a Legacy

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 pm

dennyhawk wrote:I installed a Hipshot b-bender on a Tribute Series Legacy and it's working pretty fair, but the stock bridge on the Legacy just isn't quite right for it. The B and "drop D" both seem t be rid
ing a little high over the back of the bridge. Is it possible to install the G&L saddle lock bridge on the Legacy? If it's possible to do this, I'm sure that it would solve the problem

Not really. It would require removing the DF trem bridge and filling in the existing routing in the body and then
routing for the Saddle-Lock bridge. Not a task for anyone but a professional luthier and they would need be
knowledgeable of G&L building specs for installing the Saddle-Lock in the correct location.

The Saddle-Lock bridge is not an option for the Tribute Legacy, so your only other option would be to
find a USA Legacy with the Saddle-Lock bridge option.

:ugeek:

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Thx Craig....that's all I need to know!
Denny

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

you can lower the bridge flat with the body, or even tilt it backwards. with the b bender you need it blocked anyway.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm

It's challenging to put a Hipshot on a Strat/Legacy based guitar. Personally, I would just buy a Tribute ASAT Special and mount it on the Saddlelock bridge.

I do have a Strat with a Hipshot, but I had to really tweak it and customize it to make it work.

Keep it simple and get an ASAT.

My 2¢

Will