dating my USA legacy

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm

I am trying to figure out what the date of manufacture is for my USA legacy. the sn# that is on the certificate of conformity is CIF60016. any information would be appreciated.

Re: dating my USA legacy

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi,

In February of 2011 G&L switched over to S/N on a brushed aluminum plate screwed to the back of the headstock. The first S/N used was CLF061000. So your S/N is just prior to this S/N. Does this mean your Legacy is a late '10 or early '11? Non necessarily since the water slide S/N (as on your Legacy) were not enforced to be used in order; something that is true for the S/N plate. But it would still be a fair bet to date your Legacy as having been produced in that late '10/early '11 time frame. The only way to know for sure is by taking the neck off and look for a date stamp in the neck pocket and inspect the date on the UPC sticker on the heel of the neck.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Have you read these yet?

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:55 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Hi,

In February of 2011 G&L switched over to S/N on a brushed aluminum plate screwed to the back of the headstock. The first S/N used was CLF061000. So your S/N is just prior to this S/N. Does this mean your Legacy is a late '10 or early '11? Non necessarily since the water slide S/N (as on your Legacy) were not enforced to be used in order; something that is true for the S/N plate. But it would still be a fair bet to date your Legacy as having been produced in that late '10/early '11 time frame. The only way to know for sure is by taking the neck off and look for a date stamp in the neck pocket and inspect the date on the UPC sticker on the heel of the neck.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

thank for the info

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 pm

is that a new fetish? dating guitars? i have heard of bestiality, necrophilia, but i am not sure what this would be called. :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm

louis cyfer wrote:is that a new fetish? dating guitars? i have heard of bestiality, necrophilia, but i am not sure what this would be called. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't know either what it's called but why wouldn't you want to date a guitar. All I know is that the object of desire has beautiful curves and a G string ....

- Jos

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 pm

ssmitty00 wrote:I am trying to figure out what the date of manufacture is for my USA legacy. the sn# that is on the certificate of conformity is CIF60016. any information would be appreciated.

Beside the Certificate of Authenticity would should also have the new Custom Build
Specification Certificate. It has a Date (next to the Evalution Technician), this can be
used as the completion date (final build date). For an example of this document see:
New in 2/2011 - Custom Build Specification Certificate in our Gallery.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: