How can I tell what I have?

Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 am

I recently came across a G and L Tele Thinline in a beautiful creamy white, with a yellow neck (ash?) and Bigsby hardware. The number CLF 50217 is stamped on the back of the headstock. Any thoughts on it is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How can I tell what I have?

Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 am

spintight wrote:I recently came across a G and L Tele Thinline in a beautiful creamy white, with a yellow neck (ash?) and Bigsby hardware. The number CLF 50217 is stamped on the back of the headstock. Any thoughts on it is appreciated. Thanks.

If you can post a photo we can tell you for sure. Based upon you description,
there are three possible models: ASAT Special Semi-Hollow, ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow or
ASAT Z-3 Semi-Hollow. See G&L main website, USA Instruments page for pictures and specs of these models.

The neck will be Maple and the yellow would be one of the neck tints.
See Comparison of Neck Finishes.

The Bigsby Vibrato is an optional bridge.

Please do post a photo of your guitar. See Tutorial: Posting photos.

After you have determined the exact model, please add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks very much for your help. After looking at the gallery I believe it is a Classic Custom ASAT Semi Hollow with a Bigsby Vibrato. I'm still trying to post a picture of it and will do so as soon as I figure out a Photo Sharing option. Great site and I love this guitar! It just about plays itself and it has all the types of tones that I grew up listening to in Country music.

Tue May 01, 2012 12:44 pm

spintight wrote:Thanks very much for your help. After looking at the gallery I believe it is a Classic Custom ASAT Semi Hollow with a Bigsby Vibrato. I'm still trying to post a picture of it and will do so as soon as I figure out a Photo Sharing option. Great site and I love this guitar! It just about plays itself and it has all the types of tones that I grew up listening to in Country music.

The Bigsby Vibrato is not an option on the ASAT Classic series models.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

:ugeek:

Tue May 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Then it's probably a special semi hollow ASAT. It's not the Z3 and it's not the Deluxe cause the pickups are wrong. The pickups on mine are the same as the Special, but they are black.