Tribute s-500 Rosewood fingerboard

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:41 pm

I was going to order a Tribute s-500 with a Rosewood fingerboard but when the employee from the guitar store called about it he was told the this is no longer available in a Rosewood fingerboard. Is this true?

Re: Tribute s-500 Rosewood fingerboard

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:46 pm

jtripo08 wrote:I was going to order a Tribute s-500 with a Rosewood fingerboard but when the employee from the guitar store called about it he was told the this is no longer available in a Rosewood fingerboard. Is this true?

There are Tribute S-500s with rosewood fretboards at Musician's Friend.

What finish on the body did you want?

Have you looked for dealers online?

There are reputable stores and they will ship the guitar to you.

If you describe what you want people will point them out if there are any available online.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks. I was looking at the sunburst but have no problem with the blue. So is it true they no longer make the rosewood then? I looked at the web site and it still shows a rosewood as an option. I was trying to avoid online if possible because then I would have to pay to get it setup again which was included if i bough it through the store. if anyone know of good online stores I'll look into them.

Thanks again.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 pm

jtripo08 wrote:Thanks. I was looking at the sunburst but have no problem with the blue. So is it true they no longer make the rosewood then? I looked at the web site and it still shows a rosewood as an option. I was trying to avoid online if possible because then I would have to pay to get it setup again which was included if i bough it through the store. if anyone know of good online stores I'll look into them.

Thanks again.

Amazon has a sunburst. You can avoid tax and shipping and use that money for a setup........something to consider. I have not heard of G&L discontinuing rosewood fretboards on Tribute S-500s.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DVDQA/ref=asc_df_B0002DVDQA1888828?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0002DVDQA