Serial Number and autenticity problem with new ASAT

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey All... New to the boards... I was hoping to get some sort of... well anything on this issue. So I just purchased a new USA built ASAT. Beautiful new toy. Candy Apple Red Metallic, bluesboy setup. Problem is;

Paper work has it listed as a ASAT Classic with 2 single coil pickups

Guitar shop said it was an ASAT Bluesboy. It has a humbuckers and a single coil.

I would love to know if the guitar is new,w and was built that way, or if it has been modded.

Any ideas??

Re: Serial Number and autenticity problem with new ASAT

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Wow, like a noob I've just posted this in the wrong area....

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:37 pm

izolde-asia wrote:Hey All... New to the boards... I was hoping to get some sort of... well anything on this issue. So I just purchased a new USA built ASAT. Beautiful new toy. Candy Apple Red Metallic, bluesboy setup. Problem is;

Paper work has it listed as a ASAT Classic with 2 single coil pickups

Guitar shop said it was an ASAT Bluesboy. It has a humbuckers and a single coil.

I would love to know if the guitar is new,w and was built that way, or if it has been modded.

Any ideas??

Does it look similar to this one?

If so, it is an ASAT Classic Bluesboy.

Does the serial number on the serial number plate on the back of the headstock match the serial number listed on the Custom Spec sheet?
Please send me a photo of the serial number plate, a picture of the full length front view of the guitar and a photo of the Custom Spec sheet,
along with your mailing address to me at craig@guitarsbyleo.com. I will make sure you get a corrected Custom Spec sheet. It is likely that the
wrong model was selected when the Custom Spec sheet was generated and, which in turn, generated the wrong pickup specs.

Hope this helps.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

izolde-asia wrote:Wow, like a noob I've just posted this in the wrong area....

No problem - I moved it to this sub-forum.

:mrgreen:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:22 am

Thank you for the help. I have super slow cell phone tethered internet at the present time. So I will fire off those photos once I can get to somewhere with some real internet. It does look like the one posted, the only differences being the colour of the body (candy apple red metallic) and the colour of the headstock (treated wood). Thanks again.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Bump

Any info on this?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:25 pm

izolde-asia wrote:Bump

Any info on this?

I'm still waiting for photos and your mailing address as per my requested in an earlier post. Again, send them to me at craig@guitarsbyleo.com.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Ok, I will resend the email. I sent it some time back, must have been scoped up by spam filter, or maybe a typo on my end. I'll fire it off now