Can't find specific 1989 Comanche

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am

I have this electric guitar calendar which has a Comanche guitar featured in September. I'm in love this guitar and want to buy one, but I cannot find this particular model and color anywhere on the internet. The only info that the calendar gives is that it is a Comanche, Sunburst, 1989. Thru a little research I have found that it must be a V series and possibly a Jbyrd (?). It's sunburst with a black pick guard and has on of the more pointy type of head stocks and my favorite part is that the head stock is painted with a sunburst pattern as well.

Does anyone know what this guitar is exactly and where I could find one???

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: Can't find specific 1989 Comanche

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 am

That headstock style you like is called the sickle headstock,
You will see G&L's with the sickle headstock pop up on ebay,
I think at least one ended last week.
The Comanche V's and Comanche VI's are rarer , and usually go for more dollars
in general.

I don't know your budget, but there's a beautiful Interceptor and Skyhawk in the marketplace now.

Happy Hunting !

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 am

s17 wrote:I have this electric guitar calendar which has a Comanche guitar featured in September. I'm in love this guitar and want to buy one, but I cannot find this particular model and color anywhere on the internet. The only info that the calendar gives is that it is a Comanche, Sunburst, 1989. Thru a little research I have found that it must be a V series and possibly a Jbyrd (?). It's sunburst with a black pick guard and has on of the more pointy type of head stocks and my favorite part is that the head stock is painted with a sunburst pattern as well.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Tell us where you got that calendar. It's obvious that September was a good month ;)

I couldn't help but laugh when I read "possibly a Jbyrd (?)" because Jbryd is a member of the
GbL and G&LDP and he does have a Comanche V Signature model posted in our Gallery.

In case you haven't seen the Rarebird section in the G&L Registry for the Comanche V,
you'll find Jeff Byrd's Comanche V Signature model (which is now owned by long time member Yamoto).

Good luck on your quest for Comanche V. :searching:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:23 am

s17 wrote:I have this electric guitar calendar which has a Comanche guitar featured in September. I'm in love this guitar and want to buy one, but I cannot find this particular model and color anywhere on the internet. The only info that the calendar gives is that it is a Comanche, Sunburst, 1989. Thru a little research I have found that it must be a V series and possibly a Jbyrd (?). It's sunburst with a black pick guard and has on of the more pointy type of head stocks and my favorite part is that the head stock is painted with a sunburst pattern as well.

Thanks!
Ryan

Something like this?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:05 am

WOW YES THAT'S IT! You just showed me what apparently the whole world wide web could not. So...you want to sell it?.... :evilgrin:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 pm

s17 wrote:WOW YES THAT'S IT! You just showed me what apparently the whole world wide web could not. So...you want to sell it?.... :evilgrin:

Ryan, better send me an IM. I believe this is starting to get into the marketplace territory.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm

HLG wrote:
s17 wrote:WOW YES THAT'S IT! You just showed me what apparently the whole world wide web could not. So...you want to sell it?.... :evilgrin:

Ryan, better send me an IM. I believe this is starting to get into the marketplace territory.

Yes, Ryan either PM or Email HLG off the Forum, please.

But, I still want some details on that calendar!

Thanks.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Ha ha ok.

In terms of the calendar...It's called Electric Guitar Classics, 2010 and say's it's taken from the Ultimate Guitar Book.

8-)