What does "LE6" on neck and "5" on body stand for?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi all!

I have a 1992 Legacy. I removed the neck from the body to see the dates. Neck is JUL 6 1992 and body was JUN 30 1992. But there was some extra markings made with marker pen. There was "LE6" on the neck and "5" on the body. Also I GUESS there was a "1" on the neck too (that wasn't so clearly seen). What do they mean? I guess the 1 on the neck means that the neck shape is #1?

Re: What does "LE6" on neck and "5" on body stand for?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Kummeli wrote:Hi all!

I have a 1992 Legacy. I removed the neck from the body to see the dates. Neck is JUL 6 1992 and body was JUN 30 1992. But there was some extra markings made with marker pen. There was "LE6" on the neck and "5" on the body. Also I GUESS there was a "1" on the neck too (that wasn't so clearly seen). What do they mean? I guess the 1 on the neck means that the neck shape is #1?

I will be visiting the Factory tomorrow and will ask about this.

Stay tuned.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Craig wrote:
Kummeli wrote:Hi all!

I will be visiting the Factory tomorrow and will ask about this.

Stay tuned.

The "LE6" and "5" were the id of individual craftsmen. The craftmen used to be paid by the piece and then
later these were used to identify an individual craftsman should a quality issue should come up.

Hope this helps.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 am

Craig wrote:
The "LE6" and "5" were the id of individual craftsmen. The craftmen used to be paid by the piece and then
later these were used to identify an individual craftsman should a quality issue should come up.

Hope this helps.

Great! Thanks for the info! :)