1986 ASAT - is it Autographed ?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi,

I have a question about my 1986 ASAT. On the head, the part with the tuning keys, I have an autograph by Leo Fender. I was wondering if this is what they mean by the guitar being autographed by Leo or if all ASAT's have this here. Or is an autographed ASAT mean that Leo signed it somewhere else on the guitar i.e. as if he signed it with a pen like you would get if he signed it in person if you gave it to him. The reason I ask is that I need to get my ASAT re-fretted and the person at the music shop was curious about G&L since their books list ASAT's as starting in 1989 and not in 1986.

Their manual has a 1986 Broadcaster and it asks if the 1986 is autographed. I hope I am asking this in an understandable way but their book on G&L doesn't seem to be accurate, like this site is or the site that lists all of the different kinds of G&L's. He played my guitar and is very impressed by it but it seems that many people really don't know much about G&L. If anyone can answer this question I would appreciate it. It seems an autographed G&L of 1986 is worth more than one that is not autographed.

Thanks,

JeffR

Re: 1986 ASAT - is it Autographed ?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 pm

JeffR wrote:Hi,

I have a question about my 1986 ASAT. On the head, the part with the tuning keys, I have an autograph by Leo Fender. I was wondering if this is what they mean by the guitar being autographed by Leo or if all ASAT's have this here. Or is an autographed ASAT mean that Leo signed it somewhere else on the guitar i.e. as if he signed it with a pen like you would get if he signed it in person if you gave it to him. The reason I ask is that I need to get my ASAT re-fretted and the person at the music shop was curious about G&L since their books list ASAT's as starting in 1989 and not in 1986.

Their manual has a 1986 Broadcaster and it asks if the 1986 is autographed. I hope I am asking this in an understandable way but their book on G&L doesn't seem to be accurate, like this site is or the site that lists all of the different kinds of G&L's. He played my guitar and is very impressed by it but it seems that many people really don't know much about G&L. If anyone can answer this question I would appreciate it. It seems an autographed G&L of 1986 is worth more than one that is not autographed.

Thanks,

JeffR

This post should answer your question: Leo Signature Series decal

Hope this helps.