G & L George Fullerton Legacy Guitar

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 am

Hey G & L enthusiasts,

I have recently come across a G & L George Fullerton Legacy guitar that I am interested in purchasing, however I cannot find much information on the guitar itself online (i.e. specs, original list price, today's market value). Does anyone know anything about this guitar or could supply me with this information?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: G & L George Fullerton Legacy Guitar

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

Hey Tim,

Here are some resources you might want to look at:
Although no longer in production, the old G&L web page is still available here.
Greg Gagliano's web site is always a big resource. Here is a link to all his G&L's and you'll find 3 Fullerton models in the right most column from '95, '96, and '02.
Here is my own web page on this model.

For prices, you have to look at eBay and other sources like Harmony Central. There is one listed now on eBay for $900 which is favorable to the price listed in the Vintage Guitar Price Guide for 2011. According to them, a Fullerton in excellent condition will fetch between $1,075-$1,200 for a 3-bolt ('95-'97) and $975-$1,100 for a 4-bolt ('97-'07).

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for the help. Just one more thing: I don't know what year the guitar was made and the guy who is selling it can't remember the year. The serial number is GF0994. Does this indicate a definitive date?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 am

tmz0523 wrote:Thanks for the help. Just one more thing: I don't know what year the guitar was made and the guy who is selling it can't remember the year. The serial number is GF0994. Does this indicate a definitive date?

Nothing definite, given that G&L is notorious for building guitars 'out of order' but I am pretty sure it is a 4-bolt model (the seller should at least be able to confirm or deny that) and likely either '06 or '07.

- Jos

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:02 pm

I just got a George Fullerton Signature about 2 weeks ago off ebay and apparently got it at a steal at $773 because it is in absolutely mint condition. It blows away any strat that I have played, although I am not much of a player and have only owned one MIJ Strat that I unloaded to afford this one. Anyway, the guitar is beautiful and if you want a strat like guitar with a true vintage vibe (and George should know), pick one up while they are still available and before everyone figures out how good they are.Image