Legacy being sold on musicians friend

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Anyone have any info on the Legacy being sold on the musicians friend website? It's the premium blonde with the Tinted maple neck. I know all the specs, but was wondering if these are made just for musicians friend. I was talking to my guitar guy and was gonna have a Legacy built for me . With some upgrades like a premium color and finish, graphite nut and special pick guard , locking tuners, but the price was gonna get up to alot and that was with no case! Just a gig bag. This seems like a good deal, especially with a 15% discount and no tax, it comes to a great deal , and could add the locking tuners on after if needed . Any info or thoughts? Oh , and by the way , I do support my local small time guitar shop. Do most of my buying there. Thanks for your input.
Last edited by Hepcow on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Legacy being sold on musicians friend

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Don't know about the Musician's Friend deal, but if you are ordering a U.S. made G&L and it does not come with a case you are getting ripped off. All U.S. G&L guitars now come with a high quality G&G custom fit case. If your local dealer is only providing a gig bag you might want to question him.

See this: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1160&start=0

Note to Craig....The G&L website online store accessories page states that this case is only standard on ASAT Deluxe and Invader models. One more tweak needed on the website.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:32 pm

but was wondering if these are made just for musicians friend.

From what I understand from several recent threads here, ALL U.S. G&Ls are ordered to spec, regardless of whether it is a distributor or an individual buyer. The factory at this time does not stock an inventory--all guitars are special order unless something has changed recently that has not been reported here.

You may be running afoul of the forum rules by discussing new pricing.
See this: viewtopic.php?f=0&t=3318&p=19559&hilit=rules+rules+price#p19559

Retail Prices: In keeping with G&L's own policy regarding publication of retail prices, please do NOT post actual sale prices of new G&L/BBE instruments and products on this site. Example 1: "I found a new ASAT for $699 - is this a good price?" Example 2: "How much did the '99 GbL_LE actually sell for?" Such posts will be deleted or modified by the Admin. Posting prices on used instruments, however, is fine.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks Eddie , yeah, the gig bag thing was strange. He said if I wanted the deluxe case it would be about a $150.00 more. I think he was just trying to save me money, and at the time I knew all g&l s came with the new upgraded cases. So I would of called him out on it! Also, I understand that all g&ls are made to order because of the long wait time to get one. I was just that musicians friend had them in stock at the time. So I wonder if musicians friend puts an order in for say 20 of them at a time. They only offer one style, the premium blonde with tinted neck. Still seems like a great deal without getting too custom.

Thanks for the quick reply.

And for the heads up on pricing

Did some self editing

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:15 pm

I would assume that MF puts an order in for several guitars at at time.

One thing that puzzles me is that in talking to local small distributors I was told that Fender will not allow them to sell both G&L and Fender in their stores. I wonder how MF gets around this? Maybe they are just so large that they can call the shots.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:30 pm

True on the g&l vs fender sales at some guitar shops. Was told first hand about that. Funny thing is musicians friend and guitar center are the same company, but only m.f will sell g&ls. So there might be some sort of deal with them. Anyway, looks like I'll be proud owner of a new g&l. Looking forward to it. Because having 10 guitars is never enough.

Regards

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 am

There is a dealer in La Crosse, Wi (Dave's Guitars) that sells Fenders & G&L's and most other major brands. He currently has about 10 G&L's in stock (no lefty's, of course.) He has been in business for a long time, so he probably does as he pleases. 8-)

Check out his personal collection of guitars:

http://davesguitar.com/daves-collection/

If you are ever in the area, a visit to his store/museum is well worth the time.