Pick Guards

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I did a search and did not come up with this if it does exist.

I am considering options for pickup replacements. There are complete pick guards wired and ready to drop in. Is the Legacy pick guard identical and interchangeable with a Fender Strat 8-screw pick guard?

Re: Pick Guards

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:I did a search and did not come up with this if it does exist.

I am considering options for pickup replacements. There are complete pick guards wired and ready to drop in. Is the Legacy pick guard identical and interchangeable with a Fender Strat 8-screw pick guard?

I am quite certain they are not interchangeable. Plus, you would loose the Legacy's PTB system wiring as well.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm

I tried installing a G&L Legacy pickgaurd to a Fender Strat body and it does not fit. The Fender Strat body was NOT a swimming pool body. The pick up holes and the bridge did not line up. The G&L Legacy pick gaurd is Shorter at the neck pocket and shorter at the bridge so it will not line up right. The Fender Strat pick gaurd will not fit a Legacy body because the neck pocket is diff. Slightly wider in the neck. The Fender Strat pick gaurd is also slightly longer in areas so it will not fit. The Fender Strat body I was using was for a MIA Strat with 11 holes and two post trem.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 pm

What I did when replaceing the pick ups on my G&L Legacy. I bought a fender Stratocaster Pick gaurd. I removed the G&L legacy pick ups/vol.tone tone. pots as one piece still wired, and installed them on the Fender Strat Pick gaurd. I then installed my Kinman pick ups with new vol. tone tone pots on the G&L pick gaurd. I keep my G&L Legacy pick up assembly on the Fender Stratocaster pick gaurd for storage.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 pm

The 1991-92 ASAT Classic Leo Fender Commemorative (geeeez what a long name ) isn't interchangeable with the Telecaster pickguard.
While we're on metal (gold coloured) pickguards what is an appropriate metal polish for this pickquard ? I've used Silvo on other, so called gold hardware and it faded the gold colour. any ideas on the ASAT ?

Thu May 03, 2012 4:25 am

Hey There
Try looking on greasygroove.com you might find what your looking for there.