A couple questions regarding necks

Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

First post here, but long time G&L user...

I'm curious if USA G&L necks of different models are interchangeable. IE: would an ASAT neck fit on a Legacy, or Legacy neck on a Comanche, etc. I'm curious about both the neck pocket and intonation. I assume everything would be fine regarding intonation.

Also, I tried emailing the repair guy on the glguitars.com site and haven't heard back from him (it's been well over a week) and I'm just curious if you can buy a neck separately and if so, how much it'd cost. Warranty is moot at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys!

Re: A couple questions regarding necks

Tue May 10, 2011 8:47 pm

ryesky wrote:First post here, but long time G&L user...

I'm curious if USA G&L necks of different models are interchangeable. IE: would an ASAT neck fit on a Legacy, or Legacy neck on a Comanche, etc. I'm curious about both the neck pocket and intonation. I assume everything would be fine regarding intonation.

Also, I tried emailing the repair guy on the glguitars.com site and haven't heard back from him (it's been well over a week) and I'm just curious if you can buy a neck separately and if so, how much it'd cost. Warranty is moot at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys!

As long as they are four bolt necks, they should be interchangeable. There could be a small gap between the neck and the walls of the neck pocket or the fit could be a little too tight and the pocket would then need to be opened slightly. In the case of the fit being too tight, G&L recommends having a qualified service tech install the new neck. Yes, intonation should be fine.

G&L does not offer replacement necks. See this post: replacement necks for 1996 G&L legacy special guitars. BTW, G&L's email service was having some issues
a week or two ago, so your email might have not reached them.

Hope this helps.

Re: A couple questions regarding necks

Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks, Craig.

Is it at all possible to send my current neck in for an exchange? Even if it requires a fee/charge?