#1d and #2a necks: How "sharp" a V

Sun May 08, 2011 11:23 am

Hello all. First post, so be gentle! I've browsed though the threads here, and while there are some fair descriptions of the current G&L neck shapes (and a shared feeling that these sorts of things are hard to describe in words) I was wondering if anyone could comment on how "sharp" the V-shaped necks are on contemporary G&Ls. I know that Fender's Vs have varied significantly from a very hard, sharp v profile to a much softer, rounder, fuller v. Can anyone here make some comparisons between G&L's current offerings and the various Fenders out there? The '54 reissue, '57 reissue, and the Mexican-made 'Classic 50s and Classic Player 50s are all shapes I'm familiar with... Thanks!

-Ted

Re: #1d and #2a necks: How "sharp" a V

Sun May 08, 2011 11:42 am

I did play a #1d modern "V" neck recently in a store. It was very comfortable to play and I was tempted to order my ASAT with one, but eventually went with the #1. I would not describe it as a "sharp" V profile. I have no experience with the Fender "V" necks so can't help you there, but I would say it is pretty subtle for a "V" shape.