Pickguard options

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Does anyone have photos of a Cherryburst finish with a pickguard color OTHER than white?
Specifically an ash ASAT if possible.

Thanks

Re: Pickguard options

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm

A bit tongue in cheek but still:

1- Gold mirror pickguard
2- 'Absent' pickguard

Non-white pick guards on Cherryburst may indeed be rare! But here is a link of one shown on Greg Gagliano web site with a black powder coated aluminum pick guard.

- Jos

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 pm

I would even like to see a Cherryburst with a Pearloid White--anything but the boring plain white guard.

I'm thinking black, tortoise, pearloid black, or even pearloid white might look good with a cherryburst.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:00 pm

IMO, cherryburst looks best without a pickguard!

A web-search for "G&L cherryburst" will give you many photos. Most of them with white or pearl pickguards though.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I just noticed the G&L website has an ASAT Z3 wiht Cherryburst with White Pearloid--much better look than the plain white.

I agree the Cherryburst looks best with no pickguard, but I don't think you can get an ASAT Classic without pickguard....am I wrong?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Have your dealer check with G&L, but I have my doubts for the ASAT Classic... The routing for the ASAT Deluxe would not work for the ASAT Classic, so they would need to reprogram the CNC router, which they will not do for just one instrument.

If all else fails, I would take the pearl pickguard.