G&L 20th Anniversary ASAT

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Could someone tell me what the MSRP Price of the G&L 20th Anniversary Model ASAT was when it was released for sale in the year 2000.
And is there a place where one can find the cost of G&L Guitars when they were first released.
Thank You
MrT182

Re: G&L 20th Anniversary ASAT

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 pm

MrT182 wrote:Could someone tell me what the MSRP Price of the G&L 20th Anniversary Model ASAT was when it was released for sale in the year 2000.
And is there a place where one can find the cost of G&L Guitars when they were first released.
Thank You
MrT182

I will find out and let you know.

Stay tuned.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Craig wrote:
MrT182 wrote:Could someone tell me what the MSRP Price of the G&L 20th Anniversary Model ASAT was when it was released for sale in the year 2000.
Thank You
MrT182

I will find out and let you know.

Stay tuned.

MSRP was $1900. There isn't a place where you can look for MSRP, because that depends on the country and distributor.

Hope this helps.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks again Craig. I was wondering, does G&L kept their dealer price lists in an archive? And would they be willing to have copies in the Gallery of those retail price list that are older than say 5 years, or at least old enough that the pricing does not have much to do with the current prices?

As an example, the 1985, 1988, and 1997 retail price lists are already in the Gallery but they do not contain the table of additional charges for certain (or all) customizations and are more for customers than for dealers. It would not only be valuable information for history junkies, but in addition has some sentimental value to me because the first 3 G&L's I bought more tham a decade ago were 'designed' by me and Ron Stoehr, store manager of the sadly no longer existing The Zobrist, poring over these tables.

- Jos