GbL LE schematic

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board and have been a huge G&L fan for many years now. I am the proud owner of the G&L GbL LE #10 and an acid green Legacy HB called the "Green Machine".

Question: Does anyone happen to have the schematic for the GbL LE? If not, do you know where I may find it. I had a guy wire my mini toggle to be a cut off switch( dumb move!) a few years ago and I would like to wire it back to the original schematic.

Thanks for your help in advance.

David

Re: GbL LE schematic

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't know for sure, but was the switch the 'expander' added neck and bridge to the positions it was not on the 5 way switch? If so it is a really easy switch to mod. You just have a toggle that connects the neck and bridge positions on the 5 way switch. So 2 jumpers (one from neck, one from bridge) on opposite sides of a DPDT switch, top lugs a jumper across, bottom lugs open.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:46 pm

sirmyghin wrote:I don't know for sure, but was the switch the 'expander' added neck and bridge to the positions it was not on the 5 way switch? If so it is a really easy switch to mod. You just have a toggle that connects the neck and bridge positions on the 5 way switch. So 2 jumpers (one from neck, one from bridge) on opposite sides of a DPDT switch, top lugs a jumper across, bottom lugs open.

Yes, it is the expander switch, and what sirmyghin says is correct. Take a look at the S-500 photo diagram.

Hope this helps.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 am

Perfect! Thanks for the help guys!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Craig wrote:
sirmyghin wrote:I don't know for sure, but was the switch the 'expander' added neck and bridge to the positions it was not on the 5 way switch? If so it is a really easy switch to mod. You just have a toggle that connects the neck and bridge positions on the 5 way switch. So 2 jumpers (one from neck, one from bridge) on opposite sides of a DPDT switch, top lugs a jumper across, bottom lugs open.

Yes, it is the expander switch, and what sirmyghin says is correct. Take a look at the S-500 photo diagram.

Hope this helps.

Except G&L did the wiring a lot simpler, you only need a Single pole for it, well that is why they are professionals and I am a hobbyist.