Coil Splitter on the ASAT Deluxe

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 am

Hi gang,
Got my first G & L ASAT Deluxe Saturday :happy0065: (traded a 2002 PRS Singlecut for it). A beautiful blueburst with maple neck. I want to know how I can find the year it was made, and also, how does the coil splitter work?
Does it work with the pickup selector in all three positions, or only when it is the neck or bridge position exclusively? Which position actually splits the coils? It seems to loose volume when I split the coils.

Forgive me if this information in already out there, I searched the posts but couldn't find what I needed.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Coil Splitter on the ASAT Deluxe

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 am

muzicgirl7 wrote:Hi gang,
Got my first G & L ASAT Deluxe Saturday :happy0065: (traded a 2002 PRS Singlecut for it). A beautiful blueburst with maple neck. I want to know how I can find the year it was made, and also, how does the coil splitter work?
Does it work with the pickup selector in all three positions, or only when it is the neck or bridge position exclusively? Which position actually splits the coils? It seems to loose volume when I split the coils.

Forgive me if this information in already out there, I searched the posts but couldn't find what I needed.

Thanks for the help!

Congratulations on your first G&L instrument! :thumbup:

For dating instruments, see the General G&L Questions sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase:
How do I determine an instrument's age?

The coil splitter works on both pickups at the same time. You will notice a volume drop because when in the
coil split position each pickup's inner coil is turned off.

Please post a picture of your ASAT Deluxe, or some here will say it does not exist. :lol:
See the READ ME FIRST: guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines for details on posting photos here.

Also, please do register it in our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.