when was my spalted ASAT made

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello G&L fans! I got my first G&L today and by the feel and sound of it.....it won't be my last.
It is a spalted maple bluesboy from 2008. From what I have read, this was a total runof 100 guitars. 60 were made in Jan and Feb of 08 and another 40 made in May along with some bass and other models.
Mine has #62 on the headstock, which I thought would indicate it was one of the first made in the May run. However the neck pocket is dated Feb 25, 2008. The neck itself reads ASAT Classic RW 6N Spalted.
Can anyone help me accuartely date this as either the last of the forst run or beginning of the second.
Thanks !!!
Cheers
Gibder

Re: when was my spalted ASAT made

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 pm

More than likely they either made slightly more that 60 in January, Or not all were accepted meaning that there might be 'holes' in the numbering to get to 60 pieces. It looks like yours is truly part of the first batch. I'll check out the dates on mine (#17) this evening.

- Jos

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 pm

dude, I read some stuff off your website while I was waiting for my ASAT to arrive.......definately the best info I found webwide!!!
Thanks for your help!!
Cheers
P.S. nice collection too :)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Well gibder, as it turns out I have an 2007 BB spalted. OK, the body date is DEC 27 2007, which is late late '07, but '07 nevertheless. So yours should be part of the first run too. Note that in the Registry when searching for 'ASAT Classic Bluesboy w/Spalted Maple Top Special Build', you'll find #65 already registered with an S/N in the same ball park. This only seems to lend credence to the theory that certain necks may have been rejected leading to gaps in the numbering.

- Jos