replacement necks for 1996 G&L legacy special guitars

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Where can you buy replacement necks for the 1996 G&L legacy specials with the three bolt mount.

Re: replacement necks for 1996 G&L legacy special guitars

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:43 pm

One of your few remedies, if not the only one, is to look for a 3-bolt G&L neck offered on daBay. I am not aware of a separate supplier and if available, would like to be as much educated as you.

- Jos

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I don't think you will be limited to a 3 bolt neck. 4 bolt necks should fit the neck pocket as well. If you do not need the tilt screw, you just have to drill three holes.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

thanks miles smiles good info

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 pm

johnnyb wrote:Where can you buy replacement necks for the 1996 G&L legacy specials with the three bolt mount.

This is probably the second most asked question here (the first being "what year is my G&L?").

Here are a couple posts with responses:

Replacement Necks

S500 neck replacement aftermarket? 4 bolt?

Also, from G&L's main website FAQ:

Q. I need a part for my G&L. Where should I get it?
A. You can obtain some parts through the G&L Online Store. You can order other parts through your local G&L dealer, or by calling our customer service line at (714) 897-6766 extention 116. Not all parts are available for all models and we are currently unable to offer our bodies, necks, or pickups for aftermarket use. We have a limited supply of some older parts available from our Online Store.

Hope this helps.