Buying a G&L guitar

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I went to a retailer and they didn't have the model I am interested in, Bluesboy. How can I arange to try out and buy one? :cry:

Re: Buying a G&L guitar

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

allegro wrote:I went to a retailer and they didn't have the model I am interested in, Bluesboy. How can I arange to try out and buy one? :cry:

Have you contacted local G&L dealers in your area and asked if they have or could get a Bluesboy for you to try?
Where are you located?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Just went to one dealer so far. They had a few G&L's but not a BB. I'm in North West New Jersey.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:56 am

adirondack drum and pro can special order you one

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Unless you have a large dealer close by who stocks many different models of G&L, it can be difficult and frustrating to have place an order without actually at least playing the model you want beforehand. If your dealer at least has an ASAT Classic you can get the feel for it. The only difference is basically the neck pickup. There are many youtube videos of guitar reviews and you can get a good idea of the sonic qualities that way.

Unfortunately most of the stores that keep a large inventory of guitars in stock usually have the walls filled with Fender or Gibson. Generally the G&L dealers are going to be smaller stores with less inventory to try out. I may be wrong, but I had the impression that the Bluesboy was one of the more popular models.

Good luck.