asat

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:47 am

I received an used asat for christmas. Serial #cl0583, it don't say usa or turbute. So my question is, USA or turbute and which model? Also the color is not on the web site, It is a blue swirl,

Re: asat

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:52 am

Can you post a pic?

Bill

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:05 pm

I do not have one now, however i will post it latter today.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:08 pm

I suspect that you have an American ASAT Swirl which was only offered a short time, I believe around 2000. If it is in really nice condition, you have scored a good one. I recently looked at one and I would have bought it but the finish was marginal and the frets badly worn. It had killer tone.-- Darwin

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:08 pm

bluesman317 wrote:I received an used asat for christmas. Serial #cl0583, it don't say usa or turbute. So my question is, USA or turbute and which model? Also the color is not on the web site, It is a blue swirl,

Your gift giver has excellent taste! :thumbup:

It is a USA built guitar and was built in late 1997 or 1998. The serial number is a telling factor. See Serial number significance for details.

Can you describe the number and type of pickups and the bridge type? That will help id the actual model it is.

The Swirl finishes were discontinued some time after 1997 and that's why you don't see them on the main G&L website.
If you look in the Ad Slicks and Memorabilia Album of the guitarsbyleo.com Gallery you will find the 1996-1997 Catalog which shows the Swirl finishes.

If you could post a photo of the guitar, that would also help. See guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines. There is a section on posting photos.

Hope this helps.